The loan moaning man

I have about 5-6 players that would deserve first team match but yet they still seem to be reluctant moving on loan. The transfer engine has been greatly improved over years but the loaning system seems still as unrealistic as in FM05.

Example:

Chris Gadi,

the player is now a wonderkid, but he’s not yet ready to make it into my first team squad. The best for him at 20 years old would be to go on loan for a season in a mid table team. But he “feels he’s too good to go on loan”. I’d like to be able to have some extra options when I decide to set the status of the player “Available for loan”, something like:

1. Go on the player profile

2. Set loan status: Available for loan

3. Player loan status window appears (doesn’t exist) even before a team makes a loan offer

Please choose a reason why the player should go on loan:

(higher ambition and professionalism, higher will from the player to earn his wings)

Positive reasons (highest to lowest praise):- The player has a great future at the club but he needs some experience to make it into the first team (mostly young talented players)

- The player could be an interesting player for the club, but he needs to prove his worth by becoming a first team regular in a lower side (mostly talented but not enough)

- The player needs fist team match to set his career back on track (mostly old player who suffered a long injury and lost his place into the first-team and needs a full season of first-team squad to make it back into your eleven)

Negative reasons (less negative to most negative):- The player has probably no future at the club, but a successful season in a lower side could help him for his career at the club (mostly players with no future, or a slight one, at the club but who could have a good selling value after a full first team season loan)

- The player will have hard times making it into the first-team squad as he’s already struggling within the reserve team (mostly young or very old players, that you would like to keep for different reasons)

- The player has underperformed for a long period of time for the club and would definitely benefit by playing for a lower side (mostly players that have the qualities but lack the mental attributes to remain constant over a season and could solve that by being first-team regular in a lower division, could trigger a transfer request if the player has low loyalty)

Please choose the reputation of the club the player should accept offers from:

- Highest: You have the qualities to be a first-team regular in a world-class side (could trigger a “preferred club” after the loan if your side has a way lower reputation that the one your player was in loan or even a “transfer request” after the loan if the player thinks his future will be brighter there). (Loyalty here is a must)

- High: You have the qualities for continental competition and I suggest you accept offers coming from clubs qualified for such competition

- Medium: You have to show your qualities into mid table side where there’s no pressure

- Low: You need to show your qualities in a low reputation side

- Lowest: What matters is first-team match

Please choose which first-team role the player should accept for his loan (select 2 if you want to set a range of roles your player should accept)

- Key player

- First-team

- Turnover

- Backup

After that, the player should have a better idea of what your intentions are for his career at your club. Thus making it possible for a “wonderkid” to accept playing for a lower side where he’s sure to get first-team football, because he knows you want him to get extra experience before you select him in your starting eleven in the coming years).

Right now, if you have a talented young player with 30 reserve matches in his career and about to reach 20, either you need to sell him because even if he’s talented, he doesn’t yet deserve first-team football and will just rot in your reserve team, or play him 3-4 times in your first-team squad in one season and see him unhappy at not being a regular.

IRL, 3 years ago, Nicklas Bendtner went away on loan at Birmingham in Coca-Cola Championship where he played 42 games and bagged 11. With the current loan system in FM, just show me an example, where somebody can achieve that; a young talented player in a big team needing first-team squad and accepting a loan for a crappy club with no continental competition. It simply never happens. Loan in FM has the same effect on a player that setting his squad status to “Not needed”, which is not the case.

I usually have affiliations with Championship teams. All I do is just send a bunch of talented players there for a season.

Even though I still pay the wages (not exactly a hole burnt in my pocket), they get a season of football under their belt, and my affiliation get about 3-4 players who would be first team players in the Championship..

win-win? :thup:

Well, I decided to give the affiliated clubs another chance after your post. The one I have is one league bellow my club. Selected the option to loan player to affiliated club, result; once again “Player Name has no intention to go on loan to NameAffClub”. Probably my tactics? Same result as always, 99% of the time, players are impossible to send on loan even to affiliated clubs. Light years away from reality.

Well, I decided to give the affiliated clubs another chance after your post. The one I have is one league bellow my club. Selected the option to loan player to affiliated club, result; once again “Player Name has no intention to go on loan to NameAffClub”. Probably my tactics? Same result as always, 99% of the time, players are impossible to send on loan even to affiliated clubs. Light years away from reality.

that is weird, have you tried on another save? I personally don't think your tactics have anything to do with loaning players out.

How is your team performing in the league? Is the affiliated club going well?

I manage West Ham, and I loaned Zavon Hines to Watford. He's played every game so far, scoring 11 goals. Perhaps your player feels he should be playing first team football? What contract have you signed him on, and is he listed for loan?

Sorry if you've said anything above in the previous post, I can't be bothered reading back over it, sorry haha :)

I don’t think my tactics have anything to do with that as well.

I’m at the beginning of the season, 20 days away from the end of the transfer window. Just won the championship 3 times in a row and 2 CL in a row and the affiliated club has been relegated at the end of the season.

The player status is “First-team backup”, not even “Turnover” to let him hope first-team match. Full-time contract, of course, expiring in 3 years from now. And he’s been listed for a loan since the end of the previous season 2 months ago.

That’s now the 4th pre-season I’m trying to send one of my players on loan, I’ve tried to broadcast to all the clubs around the world that I have players on loan, no fee, no wage to pay for them, tried to offer to affiliated clubs, I’m now looking for the option in FMRTE to see if I can arrange a “Transfer”, for the player. I think I gonna start cheating with FMRTE and transfer/swap the player whenever it’s necessary.

That loan system is simply ridiculously ridiculous and has not 1% of realism, just check IRL the number of quality players moving on loan to way lower sides to get first-team squad and experience, divide the RL result by 1’000’000’000’000’000 and you’ll get the chance on sending one of your players on loan in FM.

I don’t think my tactics have anything to do with that as well.

I’m at the beginning of the season, 20 days away from the end of the transfer window. Just won the championship 3 times in a row and 2 CL in a row and the affiliated club has been relegated at the end of the season.

The player status is “First-team backup”, not even “Turnover” to let him hope first-team match. Full-time contract, of course, expiring in 3 years from now. And he’s been listed for a loan since the end of the previous season 2 months ago.

That’s now the 4th pre-season I’m trying to send one of my players on loan, I’ve tried to broadcast to all the clubs around the world that I have players on loan, no fee, no wage to pay for them, tried to offer to affiliated clubs, I’m now looking for the option in FMRTE to see if I can arrange a “Transfer”, for the player. I think I gonna start cheating with FMRTE and transfer/swap the player whenever it’s necessary.

That loan system is simply ridiculously ridiculous and has not 1% of realism, just check IRL the number of quality players moving on loan to way lower sides to get first-team squad and experience, divide the RL result by 1’000’000’000’000’000 and you’ll get the chance on sending one of your players on loan in FM.

I'm not 100% on this one, sorry mate. If they're too stubborn to go out on loan, let them rot in the Reserves, 'tis what I'd do =P

I think it's safe to blame tactics for most things, I blame them for West Ham being in debt. :p

Back to the topic, I haven't really had much trouble with sending players out on a loan. Perhaps you should post this on the bugs forum?

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

At least you tried, and sharing each other tricks is a quicker way to solve a problem than post a bug, that won't be qualified as bug by SI because that's the classic SI reaction; we've tested the game and blablablalba...so it's your fault as a player, because you don't click correctly on the "Send on loan" button. Even if recognized as a bug by SI, it will at best be corrected in FM2048, since it exists since FM2004.

I don't wanna cheat, I just want to be able to send a player on loan, of course I could take control of another manager and loan my players that way, but then why not take control of a club to transfer list its best players and by the way add 1 or 2 billion on the bank account. I did that with previous versions of FM, all I got was frustration after a couple of days because I destroyed all the interest of the game. FM 2010 is amazing. I left the player in the reserve team last year after he refused to go on loan to the affiliated club which was in the same division as me, if he doesn’t want to go on loan, the he’ll have to go, I have really no room to offer him first-team match, and in FM if the player doesn’t get proper first-team match before he ages 24 you can just dump him because he’ll never make it close to his PA.

You could always do it with teams that don't matter, such as Blackburn ;)

I see where you're coming from, if you don't think they'll make the first team, or even be decent backup to the first team, flog them off to BSN or something. Make them regret they ever refused your kind nature haha.

I went through the same thing, except I used to destroy teams I disliked and watch them suffer. Never did it for my own benefit, only to see others suffer. Man Utd still got 73000+ attendance in Championship. :)

yeah, it was hilarious, I flogged all their players to Wigan on free transfers. I had to put them into administration by giving all their youth players 100k+ contracts, and spending their transfer budget on CCL2 players.

If you don't want to risk losing them, take control of another team and get them loaned that way. It seems like the "lesser" of the cheats.

Archived