CFA French League missing?

OK, I want to find out whether anyone else has the same problem. There is an option to select the French CFA lower divisions as playable when starting a new game. But when the leagues are being loaded up afterwards, the CFA league is greyed out! I really do not understand this! Why did SI give us this option and then make the CFA French league unplayable? Hope to clear this up! Thanks!

You’re right. I have a game with all countries and all leagues selected as playable, among them the CFA, but when I add a new manager and try to take control of a club in CFA the option is grayed out.

I’ve tried to click “World” at the top of the screen, browse for a club in CFA, and there’s no “Take control” button, so I tried “Set as favorite club” which brings you back to the new manager profile, the in the drop down list where you choose the club you want to control, I clicked on “Take control of favorite club” (top most choice) and I get a “Unable to add player”, the “team name in CFA” cannot be selected, please choose another team”.

Just another bug

Its not a bug its always been the case that you cannot manage sides in the CFA. National is the lowest playable league in France.

Don't ask me why you can't manage CFA sides as I don't know but its definitely always been the case in FM. Thus, not a bug.

Its not a bug its always been the case that you cannot manage sides in the CFA. National is the lowest playable league in France.

Don't ask me why you can't manage CFA sides as I don't know but its definitely always been the case in FM. Thus, not a bug.

Then, why did SI give us an option over this? For example, the J League is not manageable and thus there is no option to manage clubs in the J League. Why only is the CFA is being greyed out?

Have you tried editing the competitions so that both the CFA and J league are playable? I havent tried this myself but think it should be possible. You might get better help or even a league thats been created in the editors hideaway.

Edit: I had a quick look in the editors hideaway and found an edited J-League that can be downloaded and used http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=164248 Havent found a French one yet but will keep looking.

• 11 months later...

You can manage a club in the French CFA, but not right from the start.

When you start a game, managing a CFA club is not possible.

When your club is relegated from French National to CFA you can still be manager (unless you got fired)

If you want to manage a CFA club right from the start have a look into the editors forum for a custom league file.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if it's connected to that topic, but you can access only certain past matches played by reserve teams in CFA.

I keep getting repports of performances by my U19 players, but nothing by my reserve squad.

Matches are played, but stats can't be accessed for most of them, which is rather annoying and was already the case in previous versions.

BTW, I have CFA as a selected league from the start.

Archived