What is a good Average Rating in FM2010?

I have not been playing that much FM since FM2005, only tried 2007 and 2008 for a short while.

In all the CM/FM's from 97/98 until 2005, I always followed a 7.00 "rule" with regards to Average Rating. The goal was for every player in my team to have a rating above this, and if someone was constantly under, he would be sold. Likewise, I would never even think of purchasing a player with a rating under 7.00 at his club.

Now, in FM2010 this rule seems to be pretty hard to follow. I find that even very good players can easily fall below 7.00 Average Rating. Also, sorting the league stats by Average Rating reveals that there are actually not that many players above 7.00 in any given league.

Has the rating system been changed since 2005?

What do people regard as a good Average Rating in the game?

the ratings system has been changed , the system no longer rounds up (thus giving more accurate avr ratings) . For the life of me i now cant remember what the old rating was ( was it .5's or just 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 ? ) but lets for argument say in the old system a 6.6 would have been rounded up to a 7 , where as now its 6.6 .

Archived