Major transfer glitch

just found a glitch on the new fm 2010.basically i took a player on trial,and then i went to my backroom advice and it said that the player i had took on trial,his contract expired in a week..now i knew this anyway as you do..but then it said offer player contract.offered him a contract and hey presto he accepted and i got him on a free!!!

just tried the same with arsenals denilson and the same thing worked..

so...

take a player on trial *1 week trial*

go to backroom advice

offer contract

players yours :thup:

Clubs usually reject offers to take a player on trial, to the point that I've not seen a club accept a trial offer. I shall certainly try it, and given the fact this feature doesn't seem to be viable getting lucky and getting a player on trial it is entirely possible that this is a flaw not yet noticed in the game.

Yea when I saw it was Denilson, it did seem transfer listed players would be the likely ones it would work with. If you can approach to sign them or offer a contract then this will be a huge bug missed in the transfer system lol.

I can verify this works, go to a club with a player transfer listed.

> Offer to take the player on trial

> Get him in the squad

> Go to backroom advice

> Look for the advice to offer the player a new contract

> Offer Contract

At first I thought it was a thing where you could sign him then approach to sign on his screen, but that still retains the normal properties of a player on trial.

whats FTP mate,i only just signed up to this website today to tell everyone about the bug

also i think it is only working with transfer listed and loan listed players because i just tried the same with jack wilshire of arsenal who wasnt listed for loan or transfer and it didnt work.but still got denilson in and a couple others,who were listed for loan

It does seem to only be with transfer/loan listed players as you said; I've already uploaded a save to the FTP (well its in progress) so that saves you from having to do it and I've put it in the bugs section for you as I presumed with so few posts you wouldn't be fully knowledgable about where everything is on the site. The FTP is where you upload your screenshots/save games of or containing bugs for the testers and devs to get their hands on and solve the problem.

You got a major find here though.

Tried this with a new York City save, I just

- searched on transfer listed players who were interested in joining

- picked the highest value half dozen or so (to make sure these weren't players who would have signed on a free anyway)

- offered em all trials - which 5 out of the 6 accepted

- went to backroom advice when they were on trial

- was then able to offer them a contract

- effectively got em for free even though they were still contracted to other clubs.

A pretty huge glitch really, effectively means you can sign any transfer listed players who are willing to come on trial for free.

Just to warn anybody wanting to try this. You do get the player as it says but you can't actually sell the player on. It only gives you the option to make an offer to his previous club meaning you can't get a particular player for free and then sell him on. You have to wait for his contract you have offered him to expire if you want rid.

Actually, I just toyed with the editor to adjust Denilson's contract to see what happens at the end of his orginal Arsenal contract. He then became my player only, being able to be sold etc. This means that you have to wait it out to get him yours permanently and so you can sell him on but it isn't too bad a deal if you want to exploit it I suppose.

I did a one week trial for mine. Try that. Anyway... it doesn't seem to have worked for me now... They seem to dissappear from my squad after a couple of weeks. For example i got Zanvon Hines this way but Plymouth made an offer to West Ham to loan him and he went. He is no longer my player.

Is the AI exploiting it?

If not, I wouldn't describe it as a major glitch, just a glitch that can be avoided.

yeah i think a glitch where u can sign any player transfered or loan listed for free is a major major glitch, i know its up to you to cheat yourself but the point is it's in there

Is the AI exploiting it?

If not, I wouldn't describe it as a major glitch, just a glitch that can be avoided.

Still shouldn't be there at all.

If the AI isn't exploiting it, and we can avoid doing it ourselves, then it isn't a big glitch?

It's a huge, major bug.

Sign any player that will come, for free. That is a major glitch.

It just shouldn't be possible.

If the AI isn't exploiting it, and we can avoid doing it ourselves, then it isn't a big glitch?

It's a huge, major bug.

great, something else to delay the patch. There's no way patch 2 can be released without this being fixed.

It's a huge, major bug.

I'm not trying to suggest that this isn't a bug, just that it will not affect the vast majority of people at all. Although this glitch could do with fixing it won't make the slightest bit of difference to my game.

I'd class a 'major glitch' as something which directly affects my game, to the point that makes me want to stop playing.

As some people has written already, don't use the glitch if you find that major of a bug!!! It's only you as a human that can make use of this so just don't do it if you find it that annoying. Is it also a major bug that you can add a second or third manager and sell your crap players for big bucks and sign their best ones for peanuts?

Calm down folks,

JB

I'm not trying to suggest that this isn't a bug, just that it will not affect the vast majority of people at all. Although this glitch could do with fixing it won't make the slightest bit of difference to my game.

I'd class a 'major glitch' as something which directly affects my game, to the point that makes me want to stop playing.

I get your point dafuge, and i understand what you mean. It doesn't affect me either, since i will never do it that way.

But it shouldn't happen at all.

So many people are playing the game that they will eventually find out, and now it's out here on the forums then most of us here knows it.

It might be a major glitch for other people. It isn't for you, and it isn't for me personally.

But a thing that shouldn't be there just shouldn't be there.

As some people has written already, don't use the glitch if you find that major of a bug!!! It's only you as a human that can make use of this so just don't do it if you find it that annoying. Is it also a major bug that you can add a second or third manager and sell your crap players for big bucks and sign their best ones for peanuts?

Calm down folks,

JB

Do you mean that every glitch that is avoidable is ok to leave there, as long as you can choose not to exploit it?

Do you mean that every glitch that is avoidable is ok just to be left there, as long as you can choose not to exploit it?

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time this bug has been mentioned. I suspect all that is required is a quick mention in the bugs forum before someone at SI takes a look at it and hopefully fixes it for the next patch.

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time this bug has been mentioned. I suspect all that is required is a quick mention in the bugs forum before someone at SI takes a look at it and hopefully fixes it for the next patch.

True. It would come to their attention a bit faster.

True. It would come to their attention a bit faster.

I'm not sure if it would actually, a lot of the internal testers visit the bugs forums rather than this one so that would be the best place to raise the issue.

Has anyone logged this issue in the bugs forum?

Do you mean that every glitch that is avoidable is ok to leave there, as long as you can choose not to exploit it?

Pretty much, yes. As long as the AI is not exploiting the glitch it's only up to yourself to decide if it's going to be something that can be used or not.

I'm not a programmer and I therefore cannot estimate how long this would take to fix but I'd rather see SI solve other issues before looking at this "major glitch".

/JB

Pretty much, yes. As long as the AI is not exploiting the glitch it's only up to yourself to decide if it's going to be something that can be used or not.

I'm not a programmer and I therefore cannot estimate how long this would take to fix but I'd rather see SI solve other issues before looking at this "major glitch".

/JB

I second that. I dont mind it as I wont take advantage of it.

/JB

What i'm thinking about is the long-term plan for FM. If glitches like these are constantly left alone, version after version, then they might find themselves with a problem.

Things that weren't meant to be, but left alone, becomes a lot more and then they have an even worse task, of trying to fix something that was almost nothing that has become massive.

And also the crashes i have isn't a problem then. Since i can just reload the game and play on, as long as i have saved and not destroyed anything.

If you know what i mean. Not having a go at you. I'm saying that in case you'd feel like i am.

I understand what you mean, but it won't be that simple. I wish it wash, though.

I'm not sure if it would actually, a lot of the internal testers visit the bugs forums rather than this one so that would be the best place to raise the issue.

Has anyone logged this issue in the bugs forum?

Yeah that's what i mean. Spotted more easily in the bugs forum.

No worries roykela, I think we just have different opinions which is very much OK in my book.

I don't quite agree with you on the crashes you have though because that's a proper fault (not a glitch) and someting that should be looked at with the highest prority. You can't chose yourself when the game shall crash and it's noting that you as a user can do anything about so that's a real problem and I'm very greatful not to have that problem.

/JB

No worries roykela, I think we just have different opinions which is very much OK in my book.

I don't quite agree with you on the crashes you have though because that's a proper fault (not a glitch) and someting that should be looked at with the highest prority. You can't chose yourself when the game shall crash and it's noting that you as a user can do anything about so that's a real problem and I'm very greatful not to have that problem.

/JB

Yup, difference of opinion is quite ok in my book as well.

The thing is that i know exactly when these crashes happen on my cmoputer. That means i can save as often or as little i want, as long as i'm saving just before the crash happens.

It shouldn't happen at all so i want it to be looked at (which it is), but i can easily play on with it. I just won't let it bother me.

Think i've received around 50 crash dumps, but i've still managed to play on. I'm in 2020 now with a big game.

Now...i know it's a completely different situation, but the point (that i'm trying to get to) is that i can just ignore it. Crash -- Reload.

Should i just leave it alone since i can still play it, since it's not really a big deal for me?

Or is it worth bringing up since it can be symptoms of worse things to come later?

Ok, so you know when it will happen and you've learned to live with it but there's still nothing you can do to prevent it from happening = bug. The transfer issue the OP describes is easily avoided. Of course it should also be solved but not with priority over other, bigger problems like the crashes (or the no prize money in the English League Cup that I'm upset over ;) ).

/JB

I can't prevent it from happening, but i could easily ignore it. Which i sort of am doing :p

I can't prevent the exploit being there either but i can easily ignore it, which i'm definitely doing.

Should it be fixed? Absolutely in my opinion.

Can it be ignored? Absolutely.

So from all this i take it we agree and disagree at the same time :D

Must be great for people who love that sort of thing though, to find about this :D

By the way, i sent you a pm, Butros. Hope you understand it ;)

I think the big difference is that you can't instigate a crash, whereas you can instigate this bug. This bug is completely under the control of the player.

That is true.

A bug nonetheless. And a bug needs to be fixed.

Not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just of the opinion that if something isn't the way it should be, it needs to be dealt with. Preferrably fixed :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think sometimes it is easy to forget how user-controlled exploits can make it difficult to ensure a fair game in multiplayer games. Yes, this is an exploit rather than a game breaking bug, but it is still important to fix it.

The only reason the AI doesn't currently exploit it, is because transfer listed players are not taken on trial (due to the AI's ability to judge better for whatever reason you suspect :p - I'm sure there's an array of possibilities in the minds of some) but if AI clubs do begin to take players on trial, rather than just all out signing them. Then this could become a bug in the future, given that SI work on the transfer system, and may one day decide to implement the AI taking more trials to make it seem a bit more realistic - this could become more of a prominent exploit that the AI uses.

Archived