Why Oh Why?!? Bloody transfers!

OK, I've had enough now :(

I thought the transfer system was pretty good in FM09 tbh, reasonable prices and a definite step forward - when trying to sell players!

However now its just ridiculous. Selling players is impossible, and the computer just doesnt want to know. Newcastle just offered Lucas Neill to me for...11 MILLION :O

33 years old, worth 1.5 million (i'm Norwich about to start 3rd season in Prem). Where the hell did they pick that figure from?

Bad times

HAHA The Sky by the sounds of it. I struggle to sell players aswell. But to recoup some wage budget i have resorted to offering all my usless players to clubs for £0. They seem to be flying out the door now. Helps the wages, but losing out on a few million in transfer fees.

OK, I've had enough now :(

I thought the transfer system was pretty good in FM09 tbh, reasonable prices and a definite step forward - when trying to sell players!

However now its just ridiculous. Selling players is impossible, and the computer just doesnt want to know. Newcastle just offered Lucas Neill to me for...11 MILLION :O

33 years old, worth 1.5 million (i'm Norwich about to start 3rd season in Prem). Where the hell did they pick that figure from?

Bad times

It's more realistic now. If you're selling a player there is a reason and if nobody else wants/ can afford the wages they won't take them.

I've offloaded plenty of players over the years though at good prices.

O'Brien went for £4.9 mil recently (valued at £1.2 mil).

Adu for £13.5 mil (valued at £3.1 mil, last year of contract).

Simao went for £8.5 mil (valued at 1.5 mil, last year of contract).

If a player is worth selling, and playing football, they will be sold at good values. However, reserve striker number 6 who's played 2 first team games in 5 years will not be sold at £60+ mil despite his value!

I found it pretty easy to offload £25k-ish a week mediocre players at Newcastle, but then when you try and offload Barton, £75k I think, Nobody wants to know. So I found this to be really realistic :thup:

The values are still extremely unrealistic you have to pay way over the odds even for half decent players.

I agree to a certain degree, it depends who the player is. Some players are simply un-buyable which can frustrate the life out of us.

As for selling players - I have no problem whatsoever shifting players, even those on high wages but I understand clubs not wanting to buy Joey Barton - if only it were like that IRL :D

The values are still extremely unrealistic you have to pay way over the odds even for half decent players.

Uh...

What?

The values are a basic guideline to go on. They have very little to do with what a player will actually cost and in most cases can be taken as how much a bench player with very little game time will cost. For a player who is worth something to the club to pay less than twice this price is rediculous in football manager games and to have not noticed this by now is just just as rediculous. The values isn't something set, but rather something relative. Just understand it as that mate.

I agree to a certain degree, it depends who the player is. Some players are simply un-buyable which can frustrate the life out of us.

As for selling players - I have no problem whatsoever shifting players, even those on high wages but I understand clubs not wanting to buy Joey Barton - if only it were like that IRL :D

Ask yourself this. For buying players, would you but them at the price you'd want? For selling players, would you buy them at the price and wages they want?

Ask yourself this. For buying players, would you but them at the price you'd want? For selling players, would you buy them at the price and wages they want?

I genuinely don't understand what you mean here. Sorry. Could you rephrase it?

I genuinely don't understand what you mean here. Sorry. Could you rephrase it?

I probably could... Sorry.

Ummm...

When selling players, take the time to think how much you'd actually pay for them.

In the same way, think of how much you'd sell a player for when you're buying them.

i.e. You're Arsenal and someone comes in for Fabregas for £37 mil. Would you sell him?

In the same way, you want £30 mil for Bendtner, would you pay that much for him?

I probably could... Sorry.

Ummm...

When selling players, take the time to think how much you'd actually pay for them.

In the same way, think of how much you'd sell a player for when you're buying them.

i.e. You're Arsenal and someone comes in for Fabregas for £37 mil. Would you sell him?

In the same way, you want £30 mil for Bendtner, would you pay that much for him?

Thanks, that's better :D

I normally sell players for very reasonable prices (hence why I find it so easy to shift them). If I don't want a player I wouldn't bother trying to get as much as possible - I just put him up for sale a his market (in-game) value, maybe a little more. It's more about getting his wages off the books and getting rid of an unwanted player, because he'll be a disruption if he knows he's not wanted.

For buying players - yes I know what you mean. But for the sake of realism, if I'm Liverpool and someone offered £50M for Gerrard I'd bite their hand off. A lump sum plus saving £6M+ per year on wages is what makes my decision for me. So I'd expect the same from Liverpool if I were trying to buy him, or from any club for any big player - I'd expect them to accept a huge offer.

Still too many ridiculous valuations of rubbish unused players by the A.I : old players not getting any games should not be valued at 5-50 times their 'value', and yet curiously they are. Just an error in one or two modules I guess.

I don't know, might be the scientist in me coming out, but can you give some examples?

unless you inherit a team of high wage lazy gits that are no good, not beeing funny but why would another team want your high earning dead wood? unless of course you have been over extravacant in the transfer market and of course you are left with to many bad players on your books? same out come really?

in recent version's i think it's easy to miss manage transfers and sell on players way to easy and get your self out of trouble, hopfully it will make people think twice about who they sign.. stops the over signing of needless players..

ive found no problems in selling at all. Infact when City enquired about Steve Davis from my Rangers side i knew they had money and over inflated the price and guess what, i wazs £20M richer.

I bought Gary Cahill for £4.7M second season, £2M under his estimated value because Man Utd had unsettled him and Bolton wanted him to go anywhere else.

Its all good if you do stuff at the correct times.

Archived