Some boring analysis about average ratings...

First of all, sorry for my English... Playing with Barrow in BlueSq Premier, I noticed that defenders in the league have much better average ratings than everyone else. I thought it was a general problem of the game, so I did some analysis. I counted the number of players from each positions in the average ratings top lists (based on the top 30), from Premier League to Conference in the middle of January 2010.

I've heard about the complains of stikers scoring too much (so obviously playing better and getting higher ratings) and about the general advantage of attack over defense, but it seems to me that it's the most typical at the highest level. So Premier League is the only where attacking players perform better. It's interesting that almost every leagues are dominated by different positions or in other words, representers of each positions are doing well in a specific league (GK-League2, D-Conference, M-Championship, A-Premiership). Only League One is very balanced. I think the most interesting numbers are the 26 defenders in the Conferece and the 15 goalkeepers in League Two (especially compared to the total of 3 goalkeepers ranked in PL, CH, Conf.).

Although I'm not sure how interesting and how random this is. :)

graphs1.jpg

graphs2.jpg

Archived