FMF's Player Roles

FMFormation's Player Roles (xml panel & pdf file)

Download #1 (Free Host): MediaFire

Download #2 (FMFormation): FMFormation

Introduction

FMFormation’s Player Roles is an add-on for Football Manager 2010. It adds more dept to the Player Search window, where you search for players to buy/loan. It basically allows you to get a good overview for every possible player role, which is a new feature in FM2010. You know what I mean; The Libero, The Inside Forward or The Poacher. If you want to buy a player to fulfill such a specific role, you need to look at certain attributes. Every player role requires its own specific attributes. This add-on creates a filter for every player role, showing all the attributes needed for it.

Installation Instructions

1. Extract the download to “Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010”. The file “person search list.xml” will be placed in the subdirectory “panels”. Overwrite if asked.
  2. Go to “Preferences” in FM2010, click on “Display & Sound” and make sure “Use Skin Cache” is unchecked and “Always Reload Skin On Confirm” is checked.
  3. Click on “Confirm” and visit the “Player Search” screen. Click on “Views” and at the bottom, you will find “FMF’s Player Roles”.

EXTRA: Documentation

I’ve created a document to make life easier. This pdf document shows all the player roles and the duties and the required attributes.

A lot of the player roles have different duties, e.a. Defend, Cover, Support and Attack. If I would create all the different duties in the Player Search, we would get a huge list. Instead, I decided to put them all together. Most of the times, it only concern one or two attributes which aren’t needed for the Defend duty but are for the Support duty for example. With this document you can have a quick check what is needed and what isn’t.

But that’s not all. Sometimes you come across a player when you aren’t using the Player Search. There is no fast way to check if his attributes are good enough for the specific player role you are looking for. Just open this document and have a quick look. Either way, I needed to write down all these attributes for the add-on anyway so why not make a proper document for it so others can enjoy it as well?

The pdf document is included in the download.

Screenshot

fmfsplayerroles.th.png

All there’s left is to install the add-on if you haven’t already. I really do hope you enjoy this it and I hope that I explained everything that you need to know. If not, you can always find me on FMFormation of course!

Thank you for using FMFormation’s Player Roles.

Take care,

• 8 months later...

Archived