Editor - what's everyone been up to?

I know there is a seperate board for the editor but its fairly hardcore editors who hang out on there (the sort who edit more than actually play the game!) so I'm just wondering what casual editing people have done with the new editor? What leagues or cup comps have people created and what do people generally use the editor for?

Havent used the editor much myself but I have downloaded a restructured Scottish league. The only thing I've added is a edt file gettting rid of the old firm in an attempt to make the scottish league a bit more competitive. I've also changed the prize and tv money. The winners get 12m and there is 10m tv money.

I generally check the team I'm going to manage (Liverpool) and tweak some abilities to fit my own opinion of players - up and down, usually not far; also some of the youngsters as I watch some reserve and youth games and find their assessment to be pretty random and way off in some cases. Generally reduce injury proneness on a few players; for instance Torres had a couple of injuries last season, but has been generally resilient throughout his career and FM often seems to 'overreact' to recent injuries. I also set Rafa Benitez as assistant manager.

Yeah nice thread - I was thinking about doing a similar one a few days ago. Before FM10 was released the most favourite new aspect seemed to be the new editor and many people were saying this was what they had been waiting for, for ages. But there has not been much talk about what leagues/cup formats people are using and the countries in which they are doing this. People were saying they were going to do all sorts of things, but I have not heard much at all since FM10 was released in relation to what people have been up to.

I don't touch the editor, I would like to but my computer is very slow and I only play one league in one country. If I could I would go to the very bottom of England and manage a local team. :)

Deleted all the cups in England and re-added them, meaning that in the Carling Cup and FA Cup I've set it so it's random as to which teams come in at which point of the competitions (eg Man Utd can now be drawn in R1 of the FA Cup). Also deleted all the leagues and re-added them. The Premiership now splits after everyone has played each other once, and they then play the other 9 teams in their half (top or bottom) twice after the split (37 games in total) with a championship playoff to decide who wins the title (1 off game between the top 2), 2 automatic relegation places, with 17th and 18th playing in a 1 off game to decide who also goes down. Championship, League 1 and League 2 are left as they are, except for the same rules of relegation (2 automatic, 21st/22nd have a 1 off game and the loser goes down) and the playoffs being 3rd v 4th and 5th v 6th (both 1 off games, then a 1 off playoff final). Conference is the same as Championship, League 1 and League 2 except it's 3 automatic relegation places and 1 by playoff (so 2 go to Conference North/South overall), those 2 divisions have a split and again there's a relegation playoff. Also changed the money awarded based on where teams finish, as well as the prize money for cup games, and changed dates/times for TV games in the league.

Deleted all the cups in England and re-added them, meaning that in the Carling Cup and FA Cup I've set it so it's random as to which teams come in at which point of the competitions (eg Man Utd can now be drawn in R1 of the FA Cup). Also deleted all the leagues and re-added them. The Premiership now splits after everyone has played each other once, and they then play the other 9 teams in their half (top or bottom) twice after the split (37 games in total) with a championship playoff to decide who wins the title (1 off game between the top 2), 2 automatic relegation places, with 17th and 18th playing in a 1 off game to decide who also goes down. Championship, League 1 and League 2 are left as they are, except for the same rules of relegation (2 automatic, 21st/22nd have a 1 off game and the loser goes down) and the playoffs being 3rd v 4th and 5th v 6th (both 1 off games, then a 1 off playoff final). Conference is the same as Championship, League 1 and League 2 except it's 3 automatic relegation places and 1 by playoff (so 2 go to Conference North/South overall), those 2 divisions have a split and again there's a relegation playoff. Also changed the money awarded based on where teams finish, as well as the prize money for cup games, and changed dates/times for TV games in the league.

Nice one. Did it take a few times to make it work, i.e. a few trial errors to see if there were any errors.

How long did it take just out of interest please?

Obviously had to make sure the nation rules allowed what I wanted to do. It did take a few times to get it right, though having seen that in the Premiership they were at times having 2-3 weeks without a game before the split, I changed it so the split date occurred earlier in the season, and made sure everyone played a reasonable number of games (37). At the same time I decided to introduce a split into the Championship/L1/L2 for any new games I start. Given that I changed prize money, tv dates, cup comeptitions rules etc etc etc, it took me a few hours.

Ive edited the scottish leagues making the spl 20 teams and an spl 2 which also has 20 teams then two further leagues with 16 teams,also with the smaller clubs chucked in a few with 'sugar daddys' so think it was kelso utd,gala,newtongrange and vale of clyde. Only problem i have is i forgot to set the start date of the scottish cup so it starts in september along with the league cup. Changed tv and league prize money too. Apart from the cup mishap its been great so far

I always edit myself into the game as the best striker in the game.

So that when i get a bit bored of my "serious" save on Notts Co, i go on and destroy teams with my 100goal a season striker.

I also have various saves where my team of choice has rediculous amounts of money, so i can just go wild.

May seem a bit stupid, but it's a great way to blow off some steam when i get angry at my Notts save :)

I always use the editor to edit the team short names. eg. Hull becomes Hull City and Man Utd becomes Manchester Utd. I do this for all the teams in the leagues that I want to run as playable. It is a labour of love and usually takes about one and a half hours. Gordon Bennett!!! I am so sad, I really should get out more.

I always use the editor to edit the team short names. eg. Hull becomes Hull City and Man Utd becomes Manchester Utd. I do this for all the teams in the leagues that I want to run as playable. It is a labour of love and usually takes about one and a half hours. Gordon Bennett!!! I am so sad, I really should get out more.

If you go to all that effort why don't you make it Manchester United instead of Manchester Utd?

Archived