Season loans and play-offs

Right, this is annoying. I just qualified for the play-offs for Scottish Div 3 and my star midfielders loan is up around the time of the semi-finals. It's the first season, but as far as I am aware he is on a season long.

Is it normal that these should end before the play-offs so, or am I falling foul of a bug of sorts?

I approached his parent club to extend the loan for a month and they want his wages in full...a bit too much for me. Gah, I'm never going up now.

It hasn't yet. I haven't actually been given the play-off draw yet. My game crashed last night just before the first match and my last save was a week behind. I'd never noticed the note to say his loan was up last time (never got it or missed it) but this time I tried to extend and his club want his full wage. My board won't let me and his club won't accept a few grand in exchange. I've asked for extra wages and everything.

I hope I get an option.

There may be something strange going on because my squad just went on holiday.

That sounds really odd!

I would suggest that the loan would be renewed automatically when the fixtures are generated for the playoffs, and it notices that you're involved... although quite why they have gone on holiday is beyond me. maybe they dont think theyll get promoted?!

When are the play-offs allegedly scheduled for?? Sounds to me like its skipped them somehow...

Yeah, it seems to have. I've just gone back to an alternative save for my game and it has put me just before the last game of the season, which was just East Stirling the day after my last fixture (for some reason they often seem to play on the Sunday). I'm playing on from there.

I know that I had a play-off fixture before the game crashed last night. I saw the note for the draw pitting me against Dumbarton. When I looked at the tables on that save that I continued it listed myself and 2 other teams as having qualified for the play-offs and gave results for the play-offs in other divisions.

Like you say, it seemed to have forgotten my play-offs. I hope I can get this to work. I was enjoying the save and don't want some crash to have buggered it all up.

Okay, continuing past the last game. Fingers crossed.

Bloody hell, when looking at the tables for Divisions 1 and 2 it shows the play-off semi-finals but does not do so for division 3, so something is well and truly buggered up.

And now it has indeed by-passed the play-offs again. I don't think I have anyway to resurrect this save as all my saves are showing this problem.

I really am actually quite annoyed. How can it work one minute (last night when I had the fixture just before a crash) and now it by-passes the play offs entirely. I've been putting up with the memory crash bugs and telling myself that I can get around it and now this. If I start a new save what is to say something is not going to screw up again.

I play slowly and I've already lost a month through stopping and starting again due to crashes.

Oh well, guess I bug it and move on. I'm starting to have sympathy for all those people who say we're paying to beta test games.

What I don't understand is why a save from 26/11, i.e. yesterday and before I crashed is causing this problem when it worked yesterday. If the crash had messed up the save then wouldn't it still work on an old save? I'm trying again.

There's definitely another bug at work and I can't help but feel if I continue to run it over and over then one day the play off will be created. Problem is will this happen again in my second season?

What I don't understand is why a save from 26/11, i.e. yesterday and before I crashed is causing this problem when it worked yesterday. If the crash had messed up the save then wouldn't it still work on an old save? I'm trying again.

There's definitely another bug at work and I can't help but feel if I continue to run it over and over then one day the play off will be created. Problem is will this happen again in my second season?

Long shot but maybe backup your save(s) and uninstall/re-install the game?

Got to be worth a shot before starting over.

Keep the older save, and rename it as somethign different. if the problem does occur, there's something you can upload for SI to run through and test for themselves. Its much better to give them material from before it happens than from afterwards. It does sound like something has gone slightly haywire though

edit: its also odd that it worked pre-crash, but now doesnt seem to. I would have thought if the crash had corrupted it, then it wouldnt load at all...

another edit: you are patched, aren't you? well, the game I mean...

Hmmm on further reading it seems this is a known issue. Some guy reported that his European draw had messed up and SI said it was due to play offs for lower leagues not scheduling correctly, but they have no save to reproduce the issue, but that it is a rare issue. I guess I can at least provide them with something to try and reproduce that.

Is there a league that works in FM? I read there were issues with the Brazilian league and scheduling around the World Cup, and now there's the Scottish league messing up.

I really am annoyed about this and I am starting to wonder why I have always stuck up for SI so much in the past.

Archived