Manager Reputation - Mechanics

I had a search around but nothing came up that answered my questions, despite the different questions about reputation.

I like to think I understand the manager reputation system. As far as I understand it, you gain reputation points for every game you win. You win more reputation points for winning as the underdog and lose reputation points for losing as a favourite. Likewise, when you win a competition/trophy you gain a significant rise in reputation.

This is all very vague, though.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a more detailed analysis of the reputation system? The numbers involved etc.

If not, then is there anyway to contact someone more 'official' for an answer?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I had a search around but nothing came up that answered my questions, despite the different questions about reputation.

I like to think I understand the manager reputation system. As far as I understand it, you gain reputation points for every game you win. You win more reputation points for winning as the underdog and lose reputation points for losing as a favourite. Likewise, when you win a competition/trophy you gain a significant rise in reputation.

This is all very vague, though.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a more detailed analysis of the reputation system? The numbers involved etc.

If not, then is there anyway to contact someone more 'official' for an answer?

Thanks.

I would say you are fairly much spot with your understanding.

I think rep is between 1 & 10,000 but you only see it as a word (Local, Regional, National, Continental & Worldwide). I don't know the exact numbers but with only a handful of descriptions you can see there can be quite large gaps between them.

I think I saw a thread last year that suggested a single match win would gain you between 1 & 20ish in rep depending on how much of a favourite/underdog you were.

I think you also got a slightly larger increase for a win than you lost for a defeat given same odds.

Cup & league titles saw a bigger boost in rep particularly at international level.

I am using FMRTE to watch my rep and there defiitely appears to be a cap to the rep you can earn by just winning games. My first season my rep increased 250ish points through regular season games with me finishing 4th (predicted 12th). The second season the rep increased 35ish points through winning games with me winning the league (predicted 8th). However, getting promoted and winning the league added 1000 or so points to the reputation.

Basically, the game appears to not really recognize a manager overachieving unless you actually get promoted or win the league/cup. Realistic or not I dont know.

Must admit, this is something that has puzzled my Clan game players for a while. Kettering and Wrexham get promoted from BSP to L2, Kettering automatically, and Wrexham thru playoffs. Kettering manager rep increases to regional, wrexham stays local. Now for the weird bit. AFC lose in PO semi's to Wrexham but the manager rep increases to regional. Surely the Wrexham boss rep should increase as well.

Archived