Young players not getting pro contract?

Hi,

I have a strange bug with young players not getting a pro contract, where my AssMan is supposed to offer them one (Team Options set). Alright, no worries, I'm gonna do it myself, but I can't!!! The only option for the player I do have is "Transfer"???:eek:. WTF!

Game version: 10.1

Game source: Steam

Game start version: 10.0

Database version: unaltered (no custom db)

Game database size: all countries, all divisions, extended db, extra players not loaded.

Team: OM

Use of cheats or other editor: No, except the good old trick; "Add new manager" and sell some crap to ManCity for €50m, just in case I needed some coins for a coffee. Use of FMRTE to correct the contract bug, but no luck.

Problem summary:

1. Bought/offered contract to young prospect

2. Player arrives at club

3. Offer him a new contract just to make sure he's gonna stay in the team for a while

4. Player reaches age where he can get a full time contract, but AssMan doesn't make what he's meant to

5. Decide to offer contract to the player by myself, but the only option is "Transfer" ?

6. Load FMRTE (Real time editor) just to see what is going on; the full time contract starts in (2014 and ends in 2018) but I'm in 2012? How does it happen that his contract starts in 2 years? Of course as the player has no contract in 2012, he leaves the club, to sign 2 years later? When he'll be probably out of the db after putting an end to his career for not getting a pro contract?

7. Tried to solve with FMRTE the contract issue, by changing their youth contract that ends tomorrow, to a full time contract carbon copied from players that don't have that issue. So now, the player should have a proper full time contract and I should have the option "Offer new contract". But that's not the case, the player has a full time contract, starting and ending date is realistic but I can only "Transfer" him, no way to renew his contract?:confused:

Now I have a bunch of players, hunted by other clubs wanting to sign them for 0, a shame as I would like to keep them because they’re hot prospects.

:mad:Note also the horrible bug that makes the game crash after each match, forcing me to save, reload before any match; impossible to play two matches in a row as during the second match leaving the 3D to go to tactics/team talks makes the game crash.:thdn:

Good point, I’m gonna investigate that. But I must admit I haven’t found a pattern in the player history to explain that bug. Some of the players I’ve transferred at the same time have got their contract signed and I have no troubles with them.

Here’s the list of the players that I kept (thanks to the contract modification using FMRTE) and have the contract issue.

Lorenzo Robert FRA (club youth academy) newgen

Mikel Fuentes SPA (different club) newgen

John Kinsella IRL (different club)newgen

Timur Tokgöz TUR (different club) newgen

Fabio Claverie FRA (different club) newgen

Michal Suchanek CZK (different club) newgen

Luca Roux FRA (different club) newgen

The only common thing about these players is that they’re all “newgens” but not all the “newgens” have this issue with their contract renewal.

It also looks like none of the Ligue 1 (FRA) Teams has a “newgen” player that made it to the Reserve team. Actually, it looks like no “newgen” is making it to the reserve team, whatever the championship. Arsenal has 4 players in the reserve team, none of them being a “newgen”.

Even though, I haven’t checked all the teams, it seems that almost no “newgen” makes it into the pro team.

one mroe thing, when you say you offered them a contract to initially bring them to the club, what contract did you offer them?? Its possible at that point to offer pro terms (at least in england it is anyways, never managed in france) so they would initially sign on youth contract and provisionally agree to a full-time contract when theyre old enough....

I'm always offering full-time contracts to the players I'm interested in. I never offer a part-time or Junior contract.

And so did I for the incriminated players that joined my team (I’m playing football manager since Dino Dini’s Player Manager on Amiga in 1990), no way I’m gonna forget to offer a proper contract to a future wonderkid:D.

The trouble seems to be that FM is doing something odd like offering them a contract that start 2 years after the date it should start.

lol just checking! When you look on players profile, it only says "offer to clubs" on the transfers n contracts thing, right? Click on the button that says "Contract" and tell me what it says there.

Ive just got a newgen to agree to a new contract, starting when he is old enough, and the only option available on the "transfers & contracts" button is "offer to clubs" however, when you look on the "contracts" screen, it says "provisionally agreed to sign contract" and the date/terms...

In England, you can't sign a professional deal until your 17th birthday. I assume France has a similar deal. Therefore they are on a nationally standard, agreed youth contract until their 17th birthdays, at which point their "offered" contract kicks in.

This is really puzzling, I've never heard of anything like this before... HAve you tried un-ticking the "assistant manager sorts contracts out" thing and then offering them contracts?? (clutching at straws here!)

I have a strange bug with young players not getting a pro contract, where my AssMan is supposed to offer them one (Team Options set).

My understanding of the "Contract renewals handled by assistant manager/coach" control was that if you ticked it, it means you leave it to your Ass Man to decide whether or not to offer a new contract, not that he should just renew all contracts. Maybe I am wrong?

Yep, I did so. I never had such an issue with previous versions of the game. When I got the : « Player left the club after not receiving a pro contract » message I checked all that could be checked, reloaded a backup game (something like one week before the end of their youth contract) but I still had “Transfer” as the only option.

Very odd behavior indeed as these “newgens” have not been cheated nor created. More confusing is the fact that some “newgens” that I signed as “Full-time contract” got their contract when they’ve reached the age to have one, and some didn’t.

My understanding of the "Contract renewals handled by assistant manager/coach" control was that if you ticked it, it means you leave it to your Ass Man to decide whether or not to offer a new contract, not that he should just renew all contracts. Maybe I am wrong?

I thought it meant that the assistant would actively negotiate and renew them, so you didnt have to...

I would suggest heading over to the bugs forum and posting this, and keeping a save game from before their contracts expire. That way, if SI want it uploading, they can see it for themselves.

Hmm, for me the AssMan will offer a new contract depending on the quality of the player. But nothing will ever prevent you from offering a contract to a player in your squad even though your AssMan is set to handle the contracts.

Good idea you had about checking another backup file, I have a save game (11.11.09) one season older that the one I’m currently playing with, and the problem is already here.

DATE format: DDMMYYYY

Example:

Player: Timur Tokgöz TUR (newgen)

Contract details:

Type: Youth contract

Wage: €275/month

Started: 10.1.2011

Ends: 30.6.2015

Bonuses: None

Future contract: Has provisionally agreed to sign a professional contract of €5.5K/m starting 1.8.2012

But on the 1.8.2012 the player didn’t got his professional contract.

Know that on 7.8.2011, I can’t “Offer new contract” to the players I have a problem with. Even if the players are still under the Youth contract, and have agreed to sign a pro contract in one year. As before, the only option I do have under “Transfer and Contracts” is “Transfer”.

Archived