Licensing...

Is it the case that it's too expensive or has CM got all the rights? Does anyone know if CM has the rights, when it's up and for bidding again? Not sure if SI can talk about it here so apologies if it's only to be talked about behind closed doors, so to speak.

Yeah, probably best not to talk about that on here Kireon.

In answer to the OP, I believe it's EA that hold most of the rights, but I don't think it's up for grabs any time soon, so there's not much to discuss I'm afraid.

For the challenge partly and to stop me chasing the same old people in the first 1-3 seasons (can't help myself :) ) I always untick the 'real use players' box. That seems to activate the German national team which is another bonus for me allowing the German players to get caps etc.

Makes scouting and 'finding' the gems more rewarding and harder as the names are all random. Obviously. :D

• SI Staff

Well I think they are all different rights and it depends what sort of deals are already in place.

All three licenses are held (exclusively I think) by other companies and these deals usually cover a few years so there's nothing really we can do about it.

Well I think they are all different rights and it depends what sort of deals are already in place.

All three licenses are held (exclusively I think) by other companies and these deals usually cover a few years so there's nothing really we can do about it.

I see. Cheers :thup:

Archived