New game in Romania

I wish to start a save managing FCM Târgu Mureş in Romania as this is my wifes hometown. Anybody any tips or knowledge for playing Romanian leagues.

You should easily gain promotion with FCM Tg. Mures, they're one of the best squads in Divizia B (Romanian second league). If there's one thing I would say is watch out for the reputation: as you probably know reputation increases in FM are very hard to get, so you may have to rely on Romanian players for most of your game. Depending on what your transfer budget is, I would recommend signing some of these players, as they might help out:

Florin Matache - goalie, Dinamo Zagreb (error in DB so is transfer listed there)

Hugo Alcantara (CFR Cluj) - transfer listed, you get him for as low a 60k!

Iulian Tames (FC Arges) - great MC. Not sure how much he'll go for though.

Razvan Ochirosii (Steaua) - AML youngster, listed for loan as far as I can remember, and he can become a future star.

Denis Alibec - He's listed for loan at Inter, not sure if he'll join you but would probably be a beast at that level.

That's all I can think of now, if there's any parts of your squad that are weak obviously focus on those. I would scout Romania and Serbia, as these are the countries most players will likely come from. Bosnia and Macedonia are also OK places to scout.

As far as tactics are concerned I say stick with a 4-4-2, slightly on the attacking side, as most Romanian managers have poor stats for tactical knowledge so I hardly think they'll pose a threat. As far as I'm concerned I've used 4-4-2s with some degree of success in all of the previous versions of the game. A DEFINITE NO however towards sides with 3 AMs as the technical level and pitch conditions are quite poor. Leave the passing on default also as you will likely misplace a lot of short passes.

Good luck!

Archived