Top teams snap up talent at the start?

Coop

At the beginning of the game you start with virtually no knowledge and no players scouted. The AI teams meanwhile already has a comprehensive scouting network. This means before you get a chance to scout many of the players they have been bought by another team.

To make it fair I believe the scouts at your club should already have some players on their scout lists. After all they must have been doing something before you turned up.

I do believe the top clubs are rather over-eager to sign the best young prospects.

You usually have to get in there on the very first day to bid for anyone, and even then, someone like Real Madrid comes steaming along and steal him from your grasp.

I won't name any players, but I'm sure most people will know the kind of players I'm talking about.

I have always found AI finances to be in line with the finances you have if you control the club. The database pretty much confirms this.

I have seen West Ham twice taken over in the first season, so maybe this happened in your game? I only noticed when they signed Nigel De Jong for £26m.

With regards to top clubs signing up the talent, this happens in real life all the time. Today Man Utd are linked with a Cardiff defender for £5m and he's only 16.

With regards to top clubs signing up the talent, this happens in real life all the time. Today Man Utd are linked with a Cardiff defender for £5m and he's only 16.

Clubs are linked with transfer stories all the time. 90% of the stories are just the media pulling ideas out of their collective backsides to sell paper. As a United fan I would have thought you would have experienced this. I agree that clubs do sign young talent early, but it would be unwise to base decisions on how accurate the game is off RL media reports, as they are simply an unrealistic impression of actual transfer action. Much better to use cases of young players who actually were bought.

You're the manager, maybe you should know a few players?

I view using my knowledge of the game at the beginning as a slight form of cheating. I like to find players through scouting nations/regions. Using the knowledge you've gained from previous games makes it too easy.

On my save Aston Villa have signed the two best regens in my save. Didn't notice because I was managing in Asia but when I got an interantional job and was asked to vote for player of the year I saw the pair of them both above 8 average rating for the season.

Dispite this Villa struggle to get in the top four.

Archived