Oldest Player In Your Game

I bought a free transfer Nigerian defender at the age of 35, he was declining but still had very good stats. First we signed a four years contract.

He played regular for two season until 37; at the age of 38 his pace was as low as 4 and I had to drop him to bench. Despite some very low stats his actual gmae ratings were ok and he was still playing decent. He spent another 2 season on bench. I knew at the end of fourth season he was no good anymore but I decided to extend him for one more year so he could retire in my team.

well I had keep repeating the same extension for 3 years in a row until he finally declares retirement at the age of 42. He played only 8 competitive games during last 3 seasons, and they were all last 10 minutes of easy cup games. Eventually he decided to become a coach with very good fitness traning. I signed him as a coach and probably he will stay with the team for another 25 years :) I wish I could have signed him when he was 25 instead of 35 or when he was 15 :), he could have been a real all-time legend.

I found the Colombian striker Anthony de Avila aged 46 in my game.

I looked in the editor recently to look for the oldest player and I think there was one from Guam who was about 68, although I didn't see him in game.

I think that is a guy that plays in the NI lower leagues. I had him in a previous version, & he was actually quite good, certainly no worse than the rest of my defence. Though that was not saying much.

yeah thats him:D plays CB i think his stats were quite good like you say

yeah thats him:D plays CB i think his stats were quite good like you say

He was a player coach at a non league NI team in FM08, who the scout brought up in a player search. I wanted to sign him as a coach but could only sign him as a player coach so I did, meaning to just use him for that. I was then decimated by injuries so he played, & did well, being a fixture in the in the mighty Dergview side side for awhile.

Im tempted to go into the editor and create a 99 year old Man Utd Player with perfect stats just to see if he would get a game or if he would die before he got onto the pitch!!! :)

My guess is he would immediately retire. Interesting to see what happens if you did this though!

Anyone got outfield players who still turn out regularly at 50 in the top flight? Best I managed was on FM07 to get Gary Neville still playing for Stoke up until 47 in the premiership. Best I've managed this year is Totti and Roberto Sosa at 38 and 39; Sosa is slow as hell but his stats are way up there and he's banged a few in to provide me with a cheap replacement for the striker I lost in January.

Shame there isn't even a few who trundle on at right old ages even in the lower depths of football, Sir Stanley Matthews kept going at the top flight until he was 50, and his last match was at 63, there has been countless other players much like Papin who have kept it going at lower levels as well which doesn't happen as often (even though it doesn't happen too often lol) as it should.

In the past few years a few notable players have come out of retirement to playe well in to their 40as, generally semi-professionally. Papin and De Avila are two examples. I noticed that Romario came back last week at 43 or so. Higuita played last year, Aldair played European football for Murata a couple of years ago at 42 or something and I read somewhere that Yeboah has started again in Germany. Even Klinsman has done it. I think many ex-pros just keepm the bug and obviously still have immense technical abilities.

It's almost something I would like in the game but it'd be so hard to implement, whereby you could try and coax a few veterans out of retirement, even if only for half a season or something, or in times of an injury crisis ask one of your coaches to pull on a shirt or something. It rarely happens in real life I know, but to be honest it would be a great feature for some clubs I've got Ronaldo as my assistant manager and during the times of an injury crisis I would have loved to be able to get him back out there even at 35/36/37 because the year he retired he still scored over 30 goals in the premiership lol.

57 year old Alan Gracey (born in 1954) , who I have playing for (a now mid-League 2) Brentford in 2011-12. I wasn't actually going to play him, but I have such a thin squad, I was forced to throw him in for the odd match. Needed two weeks to recover his fitness like, but his defending is actually quite good.

I'm hoping if he gets enough football under his belt, he won't want to retire at the end of the season.

I thought my 38 year old David Beckham was old but reading through this I am clearly wrong!

Becks makes it to 46 on my game, then retires, never to be seen again, except for the occasional "Man Utd favourite David Beckham blah blah blah."

57 year old Alan Gracey (born in 1954) , who I have playing for (a now mid-League 2) Brentford in 2011-12. I wasn't actually going to play him, but I have such a thin squad, I was forced to throw him in for the odd match. Needed two weeks to recover his fitness like, but his defending is actually quite good.

I'm hoping if he gets enough football under his belt, he won't want to retire at the end of the season.

Blimey, he has ventured out from the NI lower leagues. Next stop the Bernabeu.

Papin. 46 years old and but retires after the season. :(

I signed him to be a player/assistant manager last year, he was slow but otherwise ok. He scored 5 goals in the Portuguese Second Division for me :)

I went to Burton in 2011/12 and Kevin Poole was still player/coach at 48. He still was a decent goalkeeper and I played him in a couple of games (mostly to just get the oldest player record for the BSP :D).

• 3 weeks later...

my online game is about to start season 2011/12 hes at Hanover (NI)

and theres a Peter Hymms thats plays for Club Albion (China PR)

both 57

zimmers at the ready.

Archived