Ram for FM

Hi I've got a 2.99 Hz 4CPU processor with 1 gb of RAM. The game is running a little slow for me at the moment and especially the 3D engine.

I'm looking to upgrade this computer but I am fairly simple minded when it comes to this sorta thing so what sort of figures do I need to run it comfortably, how much would this cost and how would I get the stuff in the computer lol.

Cheers

Quick question - what kind of graphics card do you have? If you're having problems mainly with the 3d match engine glitching, then that would be my suggestion for an upgrade which will probably set you back £40 or less.

Ram and processor will impact upon processing speed between matches more than anything - so if that's an issue, consider cutting down the number of leagues etc you are running.

Quick question - what kind of graphics card do you have? If you're having problems mainly with the 3d match engine glitching, then that would be my suggestion for an upgrade which will probably set you back £40 or less.

Ram and processor will impact upon processing speed between matches more than anything - so if that's an issue, consider cutting down the number of leagues etc you are running.

The 3D match engine isnt glitching I'd say, just running a bit slow. Where do I see the graphic card?

Thanks for the quick replies!

Ok the 3rd freezing will be down to your graphics card. I take it thats a Pentuim 4 Processor? you might want to add an extra 1GB of ram

Jamie, do you know if the graphics card: "512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330" is intergrated or not? - that may seem like a stupid question because of the word mobility but i really have no clue about graphics cards.

The 3D match engine isnt glitching I'd say, just running a bit slow. Where do I see the graphic card?

Thanks for the quick replies!

With XP (not sure about Vista), click on Start. There should be an option saying 'Run'. Click this. A little box will open - in that box, type: dxdiag

Then click 'ok'. A grey box will open up, click on the tab which says 'Display' and this will say what your graphics card is.

edit: nvm. And yes, a 128 mb graphics card will struggle. Upgrading that might be worth your while.

do you know if the graphics card: "512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330" is intergrated or not? - that may seem like a stupid question because of the word mobility but i really have no clue about graphics cards.

It's not integrated. But it isn't very good for playing games.

It's not integrated. But it isn't very good for playing games.

Yeah thats what i would have guessed. Is it adequate enough though? i don't even use 3d that much really. So if it isnt integrated it means i can replace it with a better one if i wish? (its from a dell inspiron btw). Cheers.

Yeah thats what i would have guessed. Is it adequate enough though? i don't even use 3d that much really. So if it isnt integrated it means i can replace it with a better one if i wish? (its from a dell inspiron btw). Cheers.

As far as I know, replacing laptop/netbook graphics cards is either impossible or ludicrously expensive. It's really not something I'd personally consider doing.

But that card should run FM10 with relative ease - it's decent enough as long you don't want to play the latest first person shooter.

Archived