Sunderland Takeover

Manchester City, Chelsea...

Newcastle tried and failed...

Or if you mean on FM I don't know about this version but on the old ones a few use to happen on mine say like one big take over every 5 or so years. Don't know if they were as big as the one your talking about. But football is attracting alot of takeover bids so I can immagine it not being that rare on FM10.

In my opinion the word "unrealistic" in football gained a new meaning on the transfer deadline day during which Man City inherited billions and signed robinho aswell as confirmed 50mil + bids for players like Kaka etc.

In truth, just about ANYTHING can happen in the football world.

In truth, just about ANYTHING can happen in the football world.

Anything? Portsmouth mounting a 3 game winning streak this season :( Doubt It.

Dindane ever scoring again after using all his goals up for the season in one game against Wigan :p Doubt it.

Hart getting another Premiership managing job ;) Doubt it.

Not in FM10, but on my latest FM09 game with Barcelona, Espanyol got taken over by a Malaysian tycoon and have since spent £72m in summer window of 2010 and £96m in 2011. They've not managed to turn team into top on field outfit yet, but reckon next season they will push for CL spot at least, manager is on ropes, can see big name being appointed if they maintain mid-table form. Its certainly made our local rivalry bit more interesting.

in my save game i started as crewe and won league 2 with them. 5 games into the second season and wigan came calling after they were relegated to championship so i jumped ship. managed to finish in a steady mid table position after really struggling with consistency.

into the third season and again was struggling with consistency and had a squad full of unhappy players. was in november and in 13th place when i got the sack.

2 days later i took the crystal palace job who were in 10th position and offered me a 12.5 million transfer kitty. spent wisely in jan and climbed up the table to finish 2nd.

looked at palace's history and it said in the first season they got taken over by an italian "tycoon".

every 6 months or so he pumps in 30 odd million into the club if my balance is low.

put my expectations to mid table finish and to my astonishment got offered a transfer kitty of 60million :eek:

after adjusting the budget my transfer warchest was 97million.

managed to get in the likes of

akinfeev 31mill

defour 20mill

steven taylor 12mill

three wonderkid regens for the total of 30mill

anadize 5mill

matic 5mill

finished well above expectations in 5th place

got another huge transfer kitty at the start of this season... 65million but my expectations are now set to title challenge so pressure is on.

got in the likes of delph and korolov but my major signing was coutinho for 35mill. was between him and david silva as both were same price and wanted same wages but silva is 27 on my game and coutinho only 21 so decided to go with coutinho.

hopefully my chairman stays as i noticed his status is "loves the club" most of the times but does change on the odd occasion.... cant remember exactly what to though. also he hasnt pumped any more money in the club for a while even though the club balance is down to 200k due to my over spending.

In reality actually I think Sunderland would be a good candidate for a takeover if they were ever to become available.

They have a 50,000 seater stadium with potential for further expansion.

They have an extremely loyal fanbase and fill their stadium for every home game, even ones that don't matter against weak teams in cup matches.

They are a pretty average premiership side currently and so would likely be relatively cheap compared to most clubs with the sort of facilities they have.

All in all, I do think that Sunderland would be one of the more likely clubs to get a big money takover if Niall Quinn decided to sell.

In reality actually I think Sunderland would be a good candidate for a takeover if they were ever to become available.

They have a 50,000 seater stadium with potential for further expansion.

They have an extremely loyal fanbase and fill their stadium for every home game, even ones that don't matter against weak teams in cup matches.

They are a pretty average premiership side currently and so would likely be relatively cheap compared to most clubs with the sort of facilities they have.

All in all, I do think that Sunderland would be one of the more likely clubs to get a big money takover if Niall Quinn decided to sell.

Niall Quinn doesn't own Sunderland, he is simply the chairman. They are owned by Eliis Short, another American!

Archived