I would like to keep my best player, and he says he would like to stay

well, more specifically, he says he "doesn't want to leave the club", which is good, but if he really doesn't want to leave why doesn't he ask to be removed from the transfer list?! I can't remove him because he was placed on the list as the result of a trasfer request.

It is a bit silly that his morale is now being damaged by a situation that doesn't (or at least shouldn't) exist!

I think that either

-we should be able to remove players from the transfer list even if they were put there as the result of a request from the player (since it remains the manager's decision whether the player leaves, and was the manager to accept or refuse the initial request). Obviously should this happen the player would be entitled to get very stroppy.

or

-as soon as a player changes his mind and decides he wants to stay, he should ask to be removed from the list. (I'm aware that this can and does (and probably eventually will in my game (yay embedded parentheses)) happen, I am saying that it should happen as soon as the player decides he doesn't want to leave, because... well... he doesn't want to leave!)

Or maybe even both of these things.

well, more specifically, he says he "doesn't want to leave the club", which is good, but if he really doesn't want to leave why doesn't he ask to be removed from the transfer list?! I can't remove him because he was placed on the list as the result of a trasfer request.

It is a bit silly that his morale is now being damaged by a situation that doesn't (or at least shouldn't) exist!

I think that either

-we should be able to remove players from the transfer list even if they were put there as the result of a request from the player (since it remains the manager's decision whether the player leaves, and was the manager to accept or refuse the initial request). Obviously should this happen the player would be entitled to get very stroppy.

or

-as soon as a player changes his mind and decides he wants to stay, he should ask to be removed from the list. (I'm aware that this can and does (and probably eventually will in my game (yay embedded parentheses)) happen, I am saying that it should happen as soon as the player decides he doesn't want to leave, because... well... he doesn't want to leave!)

Or maybe even both of these things.

What happens if you offer him a new contract?

Archived