Ways to stop complancency versus lower sides?

Well i took over Roma when they were in a relegation battle, and have made them into title contenders, but i guess that there rep will still be high, seen as it is Roma?

Roma on my save won the Italian league then got themselves relegated the next season. Oh how I laughed because they're my "bogey" team. :D

"expect a performance" helps. Play the members of your squad with high determination or professional personality. Also try a third of your team being youngsters/fringe players who may have a point to prove, specially ones you have made a manager promise of first team football, or similar. These can all help.

"expect a performance" helps. Play the members of your squad with high determination or professional personality. Also try a third of your team being youngsters/fringe players who may have a point to prove, specially ones you have made a manager promise of first team football, or similar. These can all help.

almost exactly what I was going to say!! :thup:

If you have a determined squad, sometimes it helps being a little negative in the press, saying you think you will struggle, can make them more determined to prove you wrong. In theory, anyways, never tested that one out, so dont shoot me if it doesn't work! ;)

Exactly the same in my games. Another feature overdone in FM2010, just like the shouts.

Too much relies on teamtalks and man management. It's ok it is in the game, but seems like it carries more weight than team/player skill and tactics. Now if your ass man could handle it well, no problem, but he can't it seems. Too much micromanagement for my taste in FM2010. I hope it is adjusted in coming patch.

Archived