[FM10] Dartmouth: Level 10 to the top!

Azeryk-

16052345.jpg

Dartmouth A.F.C

FM Version: 2010, with patch 1.

Edits: Super Bladesman's England-to-level-10 file.

DB: Large with players for the top clubs in each continent

24,000 players, 4.5 star performance rating

Dartmouth Association Football Club is a football club based in Dartmouth, Devon, England, playing in the South West Peninsula League. They play at the Long Cross stadium in Dartmouth which has a 500 person capacity and are nicknamed "The Darts". They were established back in 1908 as Dartmouth United but in mid-1999, Dartmouth United and Dartmouth Y.M.R.C. amalgamated to form Dartmouth A.F.C.

In the 2009/10 season they will be playing in the FA Cup, the FA Vase and the Devon St. Lukes Cup and have won nothing worth mentioning so far.

Although the club are tipped to finish 15th, I believe that with the players we have, and a few good signings we could easily top the league as champions and pull off a decent performance in at least one of the cups.

I will be completing this as part of the English small club to big club extended edition so here is my starting profile: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6606/craigdolling.png

League Table: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5857/englishsouthwestpeninsu.png

As you can see so far so good, am top of the league and am still in the FA Vase which is brilliant; however I am at an annoying stage in the season. A lot of bigger clubs are sniffing around and as my players are only on amateur contracts they are able to leave whenever they want for no fee. Have already lost mt best right-back and central defender which has left me feeling a little light at the back. Am trying to bring in replacements but anyone I find it not as good as those who have left. Lets hope those two are the only ones who leave this season.

Season One

I think the best way to sun up the season is to say that it was topsy turvy - full of ups and downs. The season started well, was happy with my squad and off I went and got the good start I required. However the lack of decent depth in the squad soon shone through once I started to get cup replays and re-arranged games and when your playing a game every 3-4 days; and your players don't have the best natural fitness you soon have to start rotating and bring in players you really want to leave on the bench. During this stage our form dropped massively, we were knocked out of the Devon FA St. Lukes cup in the first round and started to draw leagues game with many opposition teams equalizing in the last 15 minutes. Once this stage was over I hit the other problem, bigger clubs pinching my players, and by the end of the season I had five players taken from me without my say so which left us a bit short but by then I was back to one game a week and was able to cope and my form increased massively.

The FA Vase games started to go rather well too, even if the league stuttered, the FA Vase was were I played best, picking up the better wins regardless of the teams I was facing. We faced local side Bideford in the final, but with a full fit and rested side they had no chance.

League: Champions

englishsouthwestpeninsu.th.png

FA Cup: 3rd round v Tranmere (0-3)

FA Vase: Winners v Bideford (3-1)

bidefordvdartmouth.th.png

St Lukes Cup: 1st round v Plymouth Reserves (0-3)

Star Player: has to be Robert McCormick, so good that I considered re-started my game to have him from the start, although I declined such a though he was pretty amazing and consistent throughout the season and only finish with one league goal less than Benyon despite playing ten league games less. McCormick just won league player of the season with Benyon and league top scorer.

robertmccormick.th.png

League and Cup winning squad:

dartmouthafc.th.png

(well the players that stuck around until the end of the season that is)

Season   Division                                      Finish     Cup Wins
2009/10  South West Peninsula League Premier Division  Champions  FA Vase Winners

Manager of the Season 1 (2009)
Manager of the Month 3 (October, November, December 2009)

Nest season: Pray I get to go semi-professional to help prevent so many players being stolen from me - which sucks as I get blamed for letting them leave >.< Will need a larger squad, Benyon and McCormick up front will easily be good enough for tier nine but they need better back up players.

Well am only at the end of May so not really into season two yet and have been a busy manager, already signed some top class players for next season:

Slyvain Legwinski (Former Fulham / Monaco)

Chris Perry (former Tottenham)

Marcus Stewart (former Ipswich)

Alex Russell (former Bristol City)

Danny Seaborne (Exeter City)

So three have Premiership experience, they might be getting old (apart from Seaborne) but they look a LOT better than my previous players. I have a good feeling with his new season now.

Archived