Faulty As Hell

Ok so i decided to start a game with Millwall because i fancied a little bit of a challenege.

I am on my first season and as of yet i havent reached decemember. I have had 4 crash dumps before decemember.

All mention they are serious errors with the program yet i just reload the game and it carried on as normal until the next unexpected crash.

I am running windows 7, playing the game through steam. I have no problems with any other game that i run on my system.

When the hell is this game going to be fixed? I know that i am not the only one who is gettung unexpected crashes on their game but i know that i am the only one out of my friends who has this many of them.

Along with the crashes the games are beginning to stutter, i play them on 3d mode and more and more recently they have begun to stop for up to a minute (players running on the spot etc).

When do you guys plan on resolving the problems with this broken game?

This is 2 FMs in a row that have been bugged when released, are you guys planning on releasing a bug free (serious bugs) game any time soon?

Not sure if it has been said but an official word from SI is not asking too much regarding the crash dumps and also the message about low virtual memory is a problem. For me 'we are looking into it' is not enough and an official thread/sticky about what what SI plan to do to solve this would be appreciated. :)

A bug free game is impossible but there are bugs and there are bugs if you get what I mean. :)

Yeah, like FIFA 09 and being able to score from the kick off in one shot evertime (that got sorted with a patch) or FIFA 10 where you can lob the keeper from any half chance (dont know if thats sorted yet).

Also, i'd much rather SI were fixing issues rather than posting updates on here.

Id rather that SI spend 10 seconds keeping the community aware of this situation. I am also experiencing frequent crash dumps and I have 4GB RAM. I use a daily rolling save and save every time before opening my tactics screen so the damage is minimal. I also hope that SI release a fix as soon as they find one rather than holding it back till the next official patch.

Taking out a few minutes to talk to the players of the game is not asking too much IMO. And there is something called delegation. :)

The problem with delegation is sometimes things can get lost down the grapevine, or altered. I'd much rather hear from the organ grinders and not the monkeys so things dont get misunderstood. Unfortunately, the organ grinders are likely to be the busiest ones :)

Ive only had a couple of crash dump errors myself,and it was when i was playing the game through steam,but since ive been playing without steam it's been 100% stable (i installed a boxed version via steam but manually installed the patch-means i can play without steam loaded)

I'm not saying steam is the issue,but that's the only time ive had crash dumps on FM10.

Ive only had a couple of crash dump errors myself,and it was when i was playing the game through steam,but since ive been playing without steam it's been 100% stable (i installed a boxed version via steam but manually installed the patch-means i can play without steam loaded)

I'm not saying steam is the issue,but that's the only time ive had crash dumps on FM10.

I bought through Steam and patched through Steam (obviously lol), and i still havn't suffered any crash dumps.

The problem with delegation is sometimes things can get lost down the grapevine, or altered. I'd much rather hear from the organ grinders and not the monkeys so things dont get misunderstood. Unfortunately, the organ grinders are likely to be the busiest ones :)

Yeah true. But the so called top people at SI, Miles et al will be wanting to know everything from the organ grinders and they will know 90% what will be in the new patch. There should be a sticky that sais ok x, y and z will be fixed or is being looked at and we know about a,b, and c. Just a bit of conformity would be nice. :)

Yeah true. But the so called top people at SI, Miles et al will be wanting to know everything from the organ grinders and they will know 90% what will be in the new patch. There should be a sticky that sais ok x, y and z will be fixed or is being looked at and we know about a,b, and c. Just a bit of conformity would be nice. :)

Yeah, i get your point, i just dont think it would be possible to liase between the different departments to provide almost live updates of how a patch is progressing.

Yeah, i get your point, i just dont think it would be possible to liase between the different departments to provide almost live updates of how a patch is progressing.

Yeah, heres me calling the shots and really I don't have a clue what going on at SI! :D

" To be fair you can not get bug free games but they do need to sort it out because I hate so many threads about the same thing. "

Please re-read what i wrote thatdude, it clearly states serious bugs. Most games have minor bugs which is fine but the last 2 FM's have serious game play impacting bugs from release.

I also installed the game manually from the disc but i had more crash dumps than i do on Steam.

I dont think its unreasonable for a game to be released WITHOUT serious bugs do you?

If I leave FM alone for half an hour whilst I nip out or something, it crashes when I come back which is an odd issue, my PC has far more RAM than is needed for FM and everything else is more than up to scratch. It's a bit irritating if I forget to hit save before I try to continue after being away for a bit.

Reading other threads on the forums it appears as though it doesnt matter what you play the game in.

I read in the bug forums that if you play in windowed mode and adjust the size from large to small every couple of games it stops the issue but this is yet to be confirmed by SI as far as i can tell.

I didnt buy a game to faff about with the settings every 30 minutes to be able to play it.

These constant application errors, crash dumps etc completely break your immersion from the game and as such i would of expected SI to same something more on the matter than "we know about, we are looking into it".

The only saving grace for this product is it has no real competition on the market, so even though i play the football manager series i as of yet cannot enjoy this version of the game because i simply cant get involved in the clud i have chosen without that immersion being broken up.

I have had 2 crash dumps and 1 application error on my Millwall game and i am not even through to Febuary yet.

Go to the bug forum and check the thread about crash dumps. There's an XML file you can create in two texture-folders or something that stops the crash.

Worked for me!

It does help some people but unfortunately for others (including myself) it just slightly delays the inevitable. So i contstantly keep an eye on memory usage and save and restart FM when it gets high.:(

Archived