Frustrating! Watford FC career

FM10 seems harder to achieve some form of success. Normally with Watford it includes being solid championship team with a playoff promotion within 3 seasons. In FM10 with no money, -£10,000 on wages (thanks Nathan Ellington) it appears near impossible to remain in a job after xmas.

However, to my surprise I manage to get to the Qtr Final against Man City at home. I tell the player the pressure is off and we manage to take a 1-0 lead. This is followed by a 3 goal response in quick succession from a full strength City side. At half-time i change things around and bring Hoskins on. He bags two goals and brings the score to 3-3. Extra Time.

I do not know how, but we take the lead from Demerit at a corner and then score another to make it 5-3 with 107mins on the clock. GAME CRASHES (not for the first time!) Gutted.

FM10 stutters in match view and replays, and sometimes just freezes during the footage. It makes the game unplayable for fear of it crashing during a 5-3 game where it will be near impossible to repeat when i reload.

Why is this happening?!

• 1 month later...

The crashing is insanely annoying.

I had a Villa save that I started in the Demo and continued in the full game. Come Christmas time they are in 1st in the league by 3 points with a game in hand using the current Starting 11 (I just gave them strength in depth with my transfers) and the next game is against Liverpool. I'm winning 2-0 in the 89th minute when the game crashes. I go back and am winning 1-0 in the 75th minute and the game crashes.

Every single time I play the Liverpool game it crashes. Basically my save is useless and it's so frustrating because I did good work in my first FM save ever (never played the game before FM 2010) with a team that shouldn't be that high in the league.

Archived