Whos waiting for patch 10.2 ?

Whos waiting for the new patch 10.2 before playing on fm2010 again?

I know i am.......10.0 and 10.1 just seem broken to be honest

just a simple yes or no answer will do.......

then S.I. can see how we really feel about the issue.......

How many people will wait until feb for the next release of fm2011 before buying the game at a cheaper price?

I know i will.......

Cheers

(we all know about the broken issues and bugs within the game...please do not post anything regarding these issues)

long shots r just part and parcel of it... tbh if it bothers u that much then obviously wait for it to be sorted but for me i can manage to grit my teeth and let it go over my head. The only thing that is making me go mad and want to smash my pc up is the superhuman abilities the AI have of going a number of points behind in the league and then in a few games that u have a bit of poor form they have now gone a couple of points ahead.

No I'm playing - yes there are problems - but not unplayable IMO. :)
Here here,the game is far from unplayable IMO,yes things need addressing,but to say it's unplayable baffles me,i'm enjoying the game along with many others,no game will ever be perfect and folks will be saying this when FM2020 is released.

If anyone can name a perfect game then i'll donate £5 to a charity of your choice.

yes but its hardly realistic seeing 2 or 3 wondergoals every game

Its hardly realistic being able to walk into any top club and start managing, but we do :D

Im with gooner 83, it works in my favour aswell so i can put up with it. If SI said thats it, no more patches, i wouldn't be so mellow about it though :)

Why do we get someone saying the EXACT same thing each year?!?

Personally, my copy is still factory sealed. It's always been my intention to only play the game once the third and final patch has been released. It seemed the most sensible and time conscious thing to do.

As for "waiting till February to buy Football Manager", there's a flaw in that logic because there are always online stores who sell Football Manager for £17.95 a couple of months before release day. Come February Football Manager usually sells for £20+, therefore its wiser to purchase the game on pre-order, keep the game in storage and only start a career when the final patch has been released.

I'm, sadly, aware there are some shocking bugs on FM10 (the 'win a game on penalties but lose anyway' in particular) but none have affected my own saves thus far. I genuinely ignore the need for patches and just enjoy the game as I find it.

Why do we get someone saying the EXACT same thing each year?!?

Personally, my copy is still factory sealed. It's always been my intention to only play the game once the third and final patch has been released. It seemed the most sensible and time conscious thing to do.

As for "waiting till February to buy Football Manager", there's a flaw in that logic because there are always online stores who sell Football Manager for £17.95 a couple of months before release day. Come February Football Manager usually sells for £20+, therefore its wiser to purchase the game on pre-order, keep the game in storage and only start a career when the final patch has been released.

I'm doing the exact same thing. Fm 10 still in it's wrapping.

Its hardly realistic being able to walk into any top club and start managing, but we do :D
That's certainly one way of looking at it. :D

Didn't it say in one of the earlier FM manuals something along the lines of:

Most managers who start at a big club will fail within two years. Not that that will stop you!

Something like that :D

It's far from unplayable. I do seem to get a few crashes but I think these are due to editor/database changes (obviously I'm guessing about the reason). I think the editor still needs a wee bit of work. I have set reminders to save the game weekly on Saturdays and Wednesdays (twice a week) so that I always have a backup.

i don't care for a patch at all, loving the game.

However I would prefer SI to adopt a more frequent data update. I find that judging a player on last season is obviously correct but sometimes some things are terrible, i don't think we should wait so long for glaring errors to be amended.

even without the next patch its better than FM2009

I don't agree with that. FM09's match engine was a lot better. You didn't get strikers scoring 30+ goals a season because your midfielders would also contribute if you had them on forward runs. There were less long shots so actually scoring 1 was very rewarding and exciting. Defense had a few flaws in 09, but not as bad as 10. The effect of team talks was a bit more realistic on 09.

I'm still playing FM10 though since I like the new tactics creator and playing with updated squads (updating squads in FM09 doesn't feel the same since having 09/10 squads in the 08/09 season makes no sense).

To answer the thread question, I will be waiting for patch 10.2 for my main save. However I might do some short-term challenges to pass the time.

Archived