improving fitness in training

(fm 09 sorry:p)

I know I sound like an idiot but how do you improve your player's fitness in training?

What do you make them train and how hard?

I know you must do it with a staff member with good fitness coaching tho :D

thanks

what do you do with an injured player?

Good question - just strength and aerobic training. Don't know if it speeds up the recovery time or not. Only a long term injury though, other wise I just leave them on what ever training they were on before the injury. :)

so with a guy who's out 4-8 weeks, just do strength and areobics. cool

should i rest him? how heavy should the workload be? what should i do with the physio (sp?);)

EDIT: Braintree's physio is**** :)

so with a guy who's out 4-8 weeks, just do strength and areobics. cool

should i rest him? how heavy should the workload be? what should i do with the physio (sp?);)

EDIT: Braintree's physio is**** :)

A bit of rest and recuperation I would say for around 6 weeks, and then start the strength and areobic for the final 2 weeks. Then start his normal training that is applicable for his position or whatever his normal training is. But watch his mental and technical stats and see if they are declining much. But I would not worry too much as when he regains full fitness he will improve. :)

You can start off with a pretty high workload (on a schedule) - but you may find that injuries become frequent the longer the season goes on. For instance, If you start to receive messages with players injured whilst doing gym work, then this is a clear indication that your schedule needs to be reduced a little. Around Christmas the matches will pile up so naturally your players will exert themselves, so to have an intense training schedule at the same time will cause a few players to fall short of match fitness, or indeed become injured.

Your youth players should ideally be on a seperate and lower training schedule also.

It's the beginning of the season. Is a high medium workload too much for youth?:confused:

Pre season you should do alot of physical work to get the players ready for the season. Then a normal tarining when the season starts.

With youth I guess its quite hard to gauge as you don't want them to do too much as they are only young. High/Medium seems fine to me. But just play it by ear mate. I'm not saying what I have said is what you have to do or it is correct - its just what I do and havent had too many problems. :)

sweet thanks

sometimes i go train-crazy especially with youth because it seems like you can train them more without the workload being too high.

ques. done... I think:p:D

All so noah we train youth in order for them to be the best possible. Tutoring is quite underrated and get a young player to learn from the older player in order to improve their mental stats and achieve their potential ability or get closer to it. :)

how would you set up tutors?

Click on the youg player and click on player interaction. There are three types of tutoring from the list of :

Learn from........ this gives the younger player the mentors PPM

Approach......... this improves the mental stats of the young player

Role Model ........a few PPM and mental stats for the young player

Its ideal if the mentor had a high determination to get the best results.

There is a drop down list below so you can choose the player to mentor your young player.

Its also worth noting that learn from......does not allways work, i.e. there is a personality clash and no PPM's are learnt and this is also the case with Role model......

I usually always use the Approach..... form of tutoring to hopefully increase his mental attributes.

1. What does go on vacation do?

2. Can you view preseason stats?

Go on vacation? I love it! I just love the word vacation, lol. If you go on vacation it means that you are leaving the day to day running of the club to your assistant manager. When you go on vacation you have the choice of if you want the assistant manager to use your current tactics and starting eleven when fit, and whether you want the assistant manager to buy any players and whether to accept any bids for your players. You also have the option for the game to automatically apply for any jobs (manager) that become available when you are away (these are team with similar or higher reputation I think. I dont like the vacation option, as the idea Soccer Management (i think thats what its called in North America) is to be the manager and thus have the reponsabilities that come with the job. You can go on vacation for a week or you can go for longer by having a return date or just leave it as open and when you return to the computer just click on the screen and you can return to running the club.

In terms of pre seson stats, then on each player screen they should have the stas of non competitive game which is shown at the bottom of the players screen above the league stats of the player. I think thats the only stats available, but you can click on the score line of the match (game) in the fixtures and click on the stas and see the ins and outs of each player performance. There is also a stats tab on each player but I think that is only for competitive games but it may show their stats for pre season but I doubt it. :)

ok. I was thinking their had to be preseason stats in the game because with the quality of fm, why wouldn't there?

You also confirmed my suspicision of "worthless vacation":D NO fun!:p

Archived