Interested players.

So, i send some scouts to look at the player i want, they come back and tell me he would be extremely interested in joining us, i look on my shortlist and filter out unrealistic targets, he is a realistic target. I tell the player i want, in the media, that he is qaulity, he responds happily.

I put an offer in for the player and its accepted, i sell my other midfeilder as i am buying a replacement. Its been established that he is "extremely interested" in joining my side so there should be no problems. The bid is accepted and guess what "the player has absolutely no intention of joining the club". So i am now left a midfeilder short from january.

I check again on my shortlist, player is deffinatley interested, so i send my scouts to watch him again, player is extremely interested in joining the club.

This actually makes me want to cheat on the game, why should my push for promotion now be potentially ruined because of a bug.

Has this happened to anybody else? has it been reported?

Have you actually offered a contract?

Because I know that it says they are not interested, but sometimes after negotiations they decide to accept for some strange reason.

I offered the contract anyway but it was rejected.

what are your scouts stats like?

remember its only a scouts opinion its not like they interview them

I have good scouts, and to be fair, somebody saying that they would be extremely interested in joining the club isnt really an opinion, it's more of a statement.

Keep in mind that some players expect a certain squad status when signing! I tried to sign a very promising 19 year old once but he wasn't interested in being a "hot prospect". Be sure to check out if he asks for a salary if you up his squad status in the contract offer.

He was a key player.

I don't see how you can even call this a bug? No matter how good your scouts are, they can always get it wrong when saying a player would/wouldn't be interested. Never take a scout report for granted and assume a player will want to join you until you get into negotiations with him.

If this almost made you cheat then I'd hate to see what you'd do if an actual bug caused something to go wrong in your game rather than a misjudgment on your part.

@CMOZZA.

A misjudgment on my part? hmm, i didnt misjudge anything, and in 12 odd years of cm/fm i have never seen this. If a scout says a player

wants to join, it means he wants to join. I didnt misjudge anything.

How can i call this a bug? Because the scout said he wanted to join, the realistic targets option was ticked, this means that the player is a realistic target, and if you put a bid in, he will be interested in signing for you. I thought this was common knowledge.

Did you not know this?

@CMOZZA.

A misjudgment on my part? hmm, i didnt misjudge anything, and in 12 odd years of cm/fm i have never seen this. If a scout says a player

wants to join, it means he wants to join. I didnt misjudge anything.

How can i call this a bug? Because the scout said he wanted to join, the realistic targets option was ticked, this means that the player is a realistic target, and if you put a bid in, he will be interested in signing for you. I thought this was common knowledge.

Did you not know this?

So a scout decides whether or not a player wants to join a club? Highly unlikely.

Just because your scout says he thinks the player would be interested, it doesn't mean he will be. Since when does a scout have the power to read minds or make decisions for a player?

That part of the scout report is just the scouts opinion. Exactly the same as I scouted Diego Renan and my scout told me he should be available for around £6.5m - Guess what, he cost me nearly double that, which I figured would be the case when I put the initial bid in.

I never said that going along with the scout report was your misjudgment, selling your midfielder before even getting into negotiations with his replacement was your misjudgment. And just because someone shows on your filter as a relistic target, it doesn't mean that he you should take it for granted that he is. Realistic targets are filtered out by your Ass Man, so therefore, can be just as sketchy as the opinion part in the scout reports.

So a scout decides whether or not a player wants to join a club? Highly unlikely.

Just because your scout says he thinks the player would be interested, it doesn't mean he will be. Since when does a scout have the power to read minds or make decisions for a player?

That part of the scout report is just the scouts opinion. Exactly the same as I scouted Diego Renan and my scout told me he should be available for around £6.5m - Guess what, he cost me nearly double that, which I figured would be the case when I put the initial bid in.

I never said that going along with the scout report was your misjudgment, selling your midfielder before even getting into negotiations with his replacement was your misjudgment. And just because someone shows on your filter as a relistic target, it doesn't mean that he you should take it for granted that he is. Realistic targets are filtered out by your Ass Man, so therefore, can be just as sketchy as the opinion part in the scout reports.

As i said in my last post, if a scout tells you a player is extremely interested in joining the club, it means that the player wants to join the club. This is common knowledge, hence the bug theory.

This has nothing to do with how much your scout says a player is worth. I thought it was also common knowledge that you never get a player for what your scout says he is worth, you will nearly always pay more unless there transfer listed.

Selling my midfielder was a big misjudgment on my part as this is obviously a bug and cannot be trusted. If somebody appears as a realistic target, this means he would be interested in you. Have you not scouted realistic targets and your scout has said "would be interested but the club wont sell"? this backs up my claim.

As i said in my last post, if a scout tells you a player is extremely interested in joining the club, it means that the player wants to join the club. This is common knowledge, hence the bug theory.

This has nothing to do with how much your scout says a player is worth. I thought it was also common knowledge that you never get a player for what your scout says he is worth, you will nearly always pay more unless there transfer listed.

Selling my midfielder was a big misjudgment on my part as this is obviously a bug and cannot be trusted. If somebody appears as a realistic target, this means he would be interested in you. Have you not scouted realistic targets and your scout has said "would be interested but the club wont sell"? this backs up my claim.

But my argument is that this is not a bug, what I'm saying is, just because your scout says he's interested, it doesn't make it so. How does a scout know whether or not a player is interested in joining the club? Yes, in past versions of the game it has been normally correct that if a scout says a player is interested in joing a team then it would normally be the case.

Maybe there has been a change in this years game in comparison to past versions so that the scouting is a bit more realistic and they are able to make mistakes judging on how interested a player actually is in joining a particular club? He may have just thought that the player would be interested in your club based on reputations, but in actual fact he wasn't interested. I'm fairly certain this can happen and probably has happened irl, therefore enhancing the realism of the game.

From the experience of FM10 so far, it seems the manager influences a lot more of the game and has to make more of their own decisions and not just rest on the information that is provided by AI?

You said you sold your player etc - suggests some time passed between scouting and offering the contract.

Is it possible your team was going through a slump / knocked out of a competition? Maybe he didn't fancy it anymore? Maybe he was approached by a bigger club?

Seems strange though

But my argument is that this is not a bug, what I'm saying is, just because your scout says he's interested, it doesn't make it so. How does a scout know whether or not a player is interested in joining the club? Yes, in past versions of the game it has been normally correct that if a scout says a player is interested in joing a team then it would normally be the case.

Maybe there has been a change in this years game in comparison to past versions so that the scouting is a bit more realistic and they are able to make mistakes judging on how interested a player actually is in joining a particular club? He may have just thought that the player would be interested in your club based on reputations, but in actual fact he wasn't interested. I'm fairly certain this can happen and probably has happened irl, therefore enhancing the realism of the game.

From the experience of FM10 so far, it seems the manager influences a lot more of the game and has to make more of their own decisions and not just rest on the information that is provided by AI?

Well, if it is a new feature, ill shut up and eat some humble pie.

Does anybody know?

You said you sold your player etc - suggests some time passed between scouting and offering the contract.

Is it possible your team was going through a slump / knocked out of a competition? Maybe he didn't fancy it anymore? Maybe he was approached by a bigger club?

Seems strange though

None of the above.

It is strange, i have never experienced this before in any version.

The player you're scouting, what is his personality like? Is it possible that this, or something in his attributes i.e. loyalty, ambition etc are preventing the move?

For the most part whenever I've scouted somebody and have been advised they were interested I have been able to sign them should the bid be accepted by the selling club. So I'm stumped as to why this may be happening.

Have you tried re-scouting him, or sending another scout to watch him to see if anything different comes up? May be worth a try. (Sorry if you've said you've already done this I haven't read the topic fully).

I totally understand this if im honest it really does annoy me at the start of the season when im fightin relegation, im tryin to build a squad together which is capable of surviving so i search for players filter out any un-interested people... and i have to say, arguably the top 20 of the list NEVER want to come to me... i put offers in and they just plainly refuse to come which is extremely annoyin... my scout has 19 for both judging potential/ability... and i will scout a player and he will say that they would be extremely interested in joining... yet they never are.... and anytime i ask my assistant to do a loan report on a club for me.. he will say 4 or 5 are extremely interested in comin, yet i offer them all loan deals and they have no intention of comin... whats the point in havin features like that if they dont work its just a complete waste of time!

Archived