Your favorite league structure?

Hello everyone! :)

One of the beautiful things about soccer (football) is that there are leagues all around the world, and many leagues have certain stipulations that make them different from the rest. For example: The MLS' conferences, etc.

So, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite league structure is.

IRL or in FM?

In FM I prefer a league without playoffs and without to many teams, as I can go quickly through the seasons. The old SPL was a great league in this regard. The Danish Superliga is also a good size.

For something different, I find the Brazilian leagues very entertaining, as you compete in two leagues each season, having the chance to play first in the state league, and then in the national league.

My ideal league structure would be something like the american NHL (I think NBA and NFL do the same thing), where there is just one league with the world's best players, a salary cap, and the teams draft prospects based on the position they finished the previous year. This way, every match in the league should always be competetive, and every team in the league will have a chance to win sooner or later.

Archived