cannot install patch

not running through steam would uninstalling the game and reinstalling help?

nope, i very much doubt it. I would suggest re-downloading the patch, and try renaming it again. The problem is more than likely with the patch, not the game...

the first patch i downloaded windows did not recognise the file and asked what program to open it with i chose fm2010 thought that would work but no il try downloading and naming once more
When you say "open" what do you mean exactly ? are you double clicking on the patch or right clicking to open ?

double clicking not working either it comes back saying do u want to save or open the file i choose open and it goes to internet explorer and then back to where i started.going to leave it for now had enough of it.any other ideas be great thanks

double clicking not working either it comes back saying do u want to save or open the file i choose open and it goes to internet explorer and then back to where i started.going to leave it for now had enough of it.any other ideas be great thanks

If thats whats happening, I think I see the problem. Instead of saying "open" it, make sure you SAVE it to your hard drive. Once you have done this, add the .exe to the end, (if its not there already) then double-click it and run it, making sure you dont have FM open at the time. Hopefully that should sort it out...

If thats whats happening, I think I see the problem. Instead of saying "open" it, make sure you SAVE it to your hard drive. Once you have done this, add the .exe to the end, (if its not there already) then double-click it and run it, making sure you dont have FM open at the time. Hopefully that should sort it out...

i am trying to patch again still with no luck iv been reading u need to unzip the file and install it i dont get that option! i just get which program to open it with,the first patch i downloaded windows said it doesnt recognise the file and it said to go online to find a program to open it with it came back with a few i for some reason chose not to do that and tried opening with fm10 it now asks what prog to open with my options been internet ex or fm10 if i choose internet option i go around in circles and choosing fm just takes me into the game im really stuck just want to get playing it im downloading for the 5th time now losing patients with it big time any more ideas be great.

The patch is a program by itself so surely u don't need to open it with any other. If u r looking at the file from windows explorer, try total commander or any other that shows file extensions. If ext. is not .exe then u dloadet wrong. U cant rename just the filename as you would do from win. explorer. My friend had the same problem, he got it right eventually but I don't know exactly what was the case. Just download to same dir. Open total commander look at the file if it is .exe at the end than it has to be right. It needs to read FM2010_v10.1.0_PC_Patch.exe

Archived