Ball Boys & heavier ball

Seriously , the match engine needs ball boys , when the ball gets out of bounds it should pop back in the right spot immediately, this will drastically reduce the time we spend looking at the grass because there is no action around.

Also the ball needs to be bit heavier , in a 40.000 sits stadium it is very unlikely a 30 meters long shot to hit the stands behind and return into the field .

Seriously , the match engine needs ball boys , when the ball gets out of bounds it should pop back in the right spot immediately, this will drastically reduce the time we spend looking at the grass because there is no action around.

Also the ball needs to be bit heavier , in a 40.000 sits stadium it is very unlikely a 30 meters long shot to hit the stands behind and return into the field .

It does take too long for the ball to get back in play generally.

It's so frustrating when you're a goal down in injury-time, you concede a free-kick in midfield and know that's at least a minute off the clock, as the player takes 30 seconds to retrieve the ball and then another 30 to take the kick. I had an opposition player take 20 seconds to take a throw, are there no bookings for time-wasting??

Yes, it's annoying, but not as bad as it was in the demo.

I remember my dumb-ass goalie dropping the ball in the 6 yard box and walking to just short of the half-way line to take a free kick. Then, realising he'd dropped the ball, walked all the way back to his goal, picked the ball up, turned round, and walked back to take the free kick.

Things have certainly improved, but there's still a ways to go yet. Perhaps they could run instead of their sunday-morning-walk-in-the-park stroll.

Archived