Does offside need improving?

What ever happened to the 'interfering with play' part of the offside rule?

How many times do you see a player not even pass, yet an offside decision is called? I just had my MCd hit a shot from the edge of the box, blaze it over the bar and have it called offside because my ST happened to be in an offside position. I would love to know whether it would've been flagged if my MCd had scored...

The game doesn't reflect the real-life offside rule, if i understand it properly.

What ever happened to the 'interfering with play' part of the offside rule?

How many times do you see a player not even pass, yet an offside decision is called? I just had my MCd hit a shot from the edge of the box, blaze it over the bar and have it called offside because my ST happened to be in an offside position. I would love to know whether it would've been flagged if my MCd had scored...

The game doesn't reflect the real-life offside rule, if i understand it properly.

although if your stiker was anywhere near the goal he could be deemed to be interfearing with play.

only thing that annoys me is my players keep playing ball straight back into the box after a corner before my players have got out there fore being flagged up as offside although i assume this is a tactical fault im yet to work out

I once had a free kick on my own half and my keeper took the free kick and he scored directly out of this free kick. I was already running circles cheering in my room (not really), but the goal was disallowed because my striker was in an offside position when my keeper took the free kick. I wasn't that happy.

ive lost count of the number of offsides given against me when you watch it it's nowhere near off

Remember, this is an animation problem; not a ME problem. Its just the graphics not representing what is going on in the ME effectively.

Archived