[FM10] 'Level 9 to the premiership?'

pearcey_90

When telling my mate of the challenge that i was doing on football manager (getting my local town wisbech to the premiership) he said i should do a little story of it on the forums to see if any people follow it. This is the first time i have done something like this on a forum so bear with us if its a bit sluggish at first but i will try and improve as the time goes on :)

The team: Wisbech Town

League: Eastern Counties league Premier Division

Start of with a loan debt of £160k which is the only team to do so in the two lower tiers of the english game so i already have a handicap haa The ground has a capacity of 3800 with 284 of those seated. Im during my 2nd season at the moment but i will make another post telling of my epic story in the 1st season!

A slight quick overview of the 1st season. The board and bookmakers tipped us to finish mid table but after searching for players for a good two hours i managed to uncover a couple of lil gems for the lower leagues which i will show you soon. The season started of increadebly as i went on a 15 game streak without losing, however with there being so many cup competions i had 7!games in hand over the winter period, this eventrully turned into 9 with 8 of them being away on the trot :O This resulted in a 1st defeat of the season and 7 draws on the trot which destroyed my lead at the top of the table and fitness was becoming a major issue as my start players where in there late 30's. However once i crashed out of all the cup competitions by early febuary it was just the league to concentrate on and this meant a rise in form with the next 15 league games resulting in 2 defeats, 4 draws and 9 wins which propeled me to the league title with 1 game to go over suprise package walsham le-willows who where tipped to go down haa

wisbechleague.jpg

The season was also capped of with a magical run in the FA Cup getting to the 3rd Round :O (which is equivalent of round 1 in real life as there is so many clubs on this fm it has to have more rounds to get rid of them) The dream of winning it ended at home to northampton in devastating fashion losing 3-0 :p haa facup1.jpg

Enjoyed local cup competition getting through to the cambridgshire invitation cup final but lost to conference side Histon 3-1 in the final :( With me currently playing season 2 i will now be putting up regular posts for you to see including the transfers which include a brazilian international :O along with another magical cup run :p

Currently in january in season 2 and all is well at the moment but it is fair to say it was'nt like this at the start of the season and ill explain why. Its late june and im chilaxing in south africa watching the world cup(winners spain) when some news breaks out at wisbech that the fans are trying to buy the club and the talks are going very well and should be concluded in the newxt few weeks. So at the begining of july i released all the dead wood from the previous season such as a whole new set of staff and basicaly a new team, only keeping 8 players from last season meaning i had to go out and buy roughly 12 players so i could compete this season however when i was on the search for players the board issued a tansfer embargo untill the takeover is complete :mad: So i decided to give them two weeks hoping it will be done as talks earlier said it was very close but with just 2 days to the 1st pre season friendly and with just 8 1st team playersi had to go out and sign which could be fair to say very old, some not that good free transfers, couldnt sign a free transfer if he was still associated with a club i.e. contract ran out but is on a amatur contract because of the transfer embargo which meant come 1st game of season i had a small and old squad something which was similar to last season which i had hoped wouldnt happen again as i wanted back to back promotions. The first 5 games of the season started badly, 1 win 3 draws and 1 loss meant i had catch up already with the big 5 in the league, somehow i have managed to stay withen contention of the leading pack up untill december when the takeover talks crashed and the transfer emabargo lifted meaning i could now sign players at will. Through the takeover talks i had offers to join brentford and SOUTHAMPTON! but i set out to get wisbech to the premiership and i will stick to that. At the moment its ealry january and im top of the league with the top 5 seperated by 1 point:eek: However i have a secret gem that i have just signed which i will show you all in the next post inwhich i will show you my star players :-) Just like last season the FA Cup has provided me with another little magical money spinning run which again has seen me get to the 3rd round(round1 in real life) which this time i got drawn away to league 1 walsall and as you would expect they were far to good for me winning 5-0 :thdn: Eventough i have had these two great cup runs my finances read £110k in debt :-( Just seem to be making a loss eventhough i am £400 under my wag bill(im allowed £1.4k) All seems to be pointing to poor managment at the top of the club and i do hope they leave soon before they destroy what could be a magical time for wisbech!

wisbechleague2.jpg

Thanks people, will be making a few more posts now im getting used to it :) been playing fm since it 1st came out(championship manager before that when sigames was running it) from the age of 11 and now 19 so only just started using the forums, feels like ive been missing out :( haa and im still playing season 2 half way through so not promoted yet but reckon its just a matter of time :cool:

Thanks people, will be making a few more posts now im getting used to it :) been playing fm since it 1st came out(championship manager before that when sigames was running it) from the age of 11 and now 19 so only just started using the forums, feels like ive been missing out haa and im still playing season 2 half way through so not promoted yet but reckon its just a matter of time :cool:

Haha oh yeah only half way through:o

I'm predicting the future :D

THE SUPERSTARS OF WISBECH!!

Here are a few images of the stars who have helped this club become a force in non-league football and with out beong biased i do feel some of these players could cut it out in league football (lower league 2)

vetren.jpg

The experinced defender who has been there and done it and leads the back line in fantasic style, age is not important if you still know how to do it especily in the lower leagues

zidanev.jpg

The Zidane of Wisbech! Influentrul last season scoring 16 league goals however suffered a torn hamstring at the start of this season and is only just recovering, scores goals from 30 yards and sets up as many as he scores

littleo.jpg

Yes a new zealand interntional at wisbech! Would have been at the world cup if they didnt lose to bahrain on fm haa was relativly quite last season compared to zanotti but has stepped up to the plate in his absence and has proven why league 1 clubs are interested in him but are put of by my £250k asking price

betterthanberbatov.jpg

Better than berbatov? Scores far more goals and surely its just a matter of time till the national team comes calling haa devastating pace with a finish at the end of it the only player who has that in the league and its been proven by the amount of goals he has scored, almost 1 a game and i reckon it will stay that way all season!

Im know about to show you my secret gem! His my 1st sigining since the transfer embargo was lifted and there is no doubt he has to be the best player this league will ever see. His fitness may be shocking but if you know who this player is than you would agree fitness has never been his strong point but what he lacks in that department he makes up with his incredable finishing!!! Highest paid player on £475 quid a week thats like a 1/5 of my wage bill going on him but if he gets me two more promotions than its been worth it.

People i give to you.....

JARDEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

braziliansuperstar.jpg

Now going to try and crack on with this season so i can give a post soonish saying 'Ive got back to back promtions' :D:D

The 2nd season has now finished and boy oh boy it was tight. Leading the way by 4 points with 7 games to go over shepshed and Jardel on fine form of 7/7 back to back promotions looked on the cards than out of nowhere we suffered a blip. Jardel scored twice in last 7 league games and whilst we only lost 1 and drew 2 you would have thought we would still get promoted but shepshed went on a 7 game winning strike and won the league by 3 points :( Now it meant the luck of the play offs which started of against chasetown away when i finished 11 points ahead of them so i had no advantage eventhough i finished higher but thankfully a kid on loan from parent club lincoln bagged the winner in a tense 2-0 win which set up a play off final against buxton (at thier stadium:confused:), and its fair to say after 42 league games and the semi final play off win this was some way to go up but i do feel a little sorry for the buxton fans :D

playofffinal.jpg

Also tasted Cambridgshire Invitation Cup Glory beating milldenhall 2-1 in the final which made up for losing to histon in the final last year. In terms of top goalscoers Branimir Konstadinov scored 42 in 43(2) apperances which is amazing and last season top goalscorer Albano Corriera scored 27 in 42(9) games which is pretty good as well. 4 of my players tied on 12 assists including Zanotti who didnt come back from injury till mid january which just shows what a key player he is. The aim is to try and get promoted again as the team is aging and have about 2 years left in them before i have to get a whole new team in and want to be in the conference by than.

With the playoff final, it seems SI forgot to allow you to specify playoff venues in the editor, so all playoffs (Semis and final) now in the fixture list take place at an unknown venue which is then called the [Home Team] Stadium in the match screen. Pretty annoyed and surprised SI didn't add in a playoff venue option, you can choose venues in cup competitions, so I hope it can be fixed in the next patch.

Well done pearcey so far, Wisbech in the premiership would be great!

I finished 2nd in the league that year so the reason why it was held there must be the reason that 'ollyh' explained, but still since i finished 2nd i would expect to be the home team haa And not to sure why i got the northen league :S after going up in that league i was expecting to be placed in the northen premier league but instead was placed into the Isthmian league instead lol

Been a while since i last posted an update on the game but have been working as in need of some extra pennies for christmas :D

After promotion from the northen premier division one south i was placed into the Isthmian League which was a bit weird but after looking at the teams in the league it turned out to be the best league as there was only two teams who could challenge me Sutton Utd and St Albans. The season kicked of with pretty much the same team from last season which meant good continuity which is something i have seeked to have since i joined wisbech and there is no doubt this was proven in the 1st 33 games of the season when yes we went unbeaten through that whole time!! I have put this largely down to the fact we went out of the fa cup in the early qualifying stages plus being knocked out of the league cup competiton ment my old squad only had the league to concentrate on. With the league title pretty much sorted with 8 games to go the team realxed a bit losing thier unbeaten run to my anger but that was soon gone as we celebrated a 3rd consectutive promotion. Branimir and Albano once again proved deadly in front of goal ending the season with 26/28 & 20/39 respectivly. However a big blow would be delt not long after the champagne was poped open with the news star players jardel,zanotti and kikens would all retire meaning i had some major work on my hands to replace them for life in blue suare north.

isthaminleague.jpg

Life in blue square north is now under way and i am currently in januray sitting at the top of the league by 1 point over Droyslden. The team is very small with no reserve players and a 1st team consisting of just 19 players :O!! But touch wood i have had no injuries so far just the one to the vetren striker andy morrel who broke his leg in pre season :/ but thankfully he was only back up to branimir and albano aswell as youth prospect lewis hilliard. The one major signing is the capture of a player called Sashi Chalwe. I have been trying to sign him for nearly about 3 years untill he joined as work permit kept on being an issue but he played in the african cup of nations for zambia which meant he could than obtain a work permit to my delight as with out being biased i reckon he is good enough to cut it out in the championship. A big bit of news just happend this minute is my new parent club Notts County (they are 6th in championship and got them as a parent club in the summer) have just made a chekky offer of 20k for my superstar CB. I have responded with a open negotiating offer of 1.5mil plus 25% of next transfer, worth a try since they are filthy rich :p

wowq.jpg

Archived