Attracting European Stars to MLS

Hi team,

Been playing FM in MLS with Chivas USA, normally play a MLS career every year and have always had difficulties attracting someone under the "Beckham rule", the only player I have attracted is Edgar Davids in FM09. Can someone give me some ideas as to what to look out for and any players they have managed to attract. Cheers.

Hi team,

Been playing FM in MLS with Chivas USA, normally play a MLS career every year and have always had difficulties attracting someone under the "Beckham rule", the only player I have attracted is Edgar Davids in FM09. Can someone give me some ideas as to what to look out for and any players they have managed to attract. Cheers.

Unfortunately MLS is a very crappy league, players would rather go to Argentina, brazil or mexico. good luck signing super stars.

It all goes down to league and team reputation unfortuantley you will always get turned down as the player would prefer to rot in the reserves of a bigger club in a better league than play reguarly in your side. hopefully it will get addressed in the next version as it's not very acurate. There is a thread further down called 'Bringing players back home' goes into more depth there mate

Archived