Finances

How many of you are struggling to keep the bank balance from going red? I have been making negative losses every month to the tune of $1million but i have never bought any players on installments. The only thing is that the club has a loan of $15m, but the repayment is only $250k? Think the Chairman is siphoning money out of the coffers!! :confused:

Now at the end of each season, i will have to sell my best players just to keep the bank balance from turning red!

yes it is so hard. even with very tight budgeting plans I make so much losses every month. so hard to stay away from the red, almost always in it. get lucky sometimes and am able to sell a player, if you can call selling your star players every season lucky :-s

There are sadly a lot of teams out there who run into debt along the season and who rely on TV money or winner/price money to come back up again. Fail to win and you are in trouble. Which is, also sadly enough, totally realistic.

Which helps is this (might be obvious):

Be sure to sell dead wood, always! Even your reserves add up!

Be sure to renew contracts of older players early, or at least check it out. Sometimes they ask for much lower wages. Keep in mind that a sign on fee might cancel this out.

Be sure to untick "yearly wage rise" when you sign youngsters, they never fell over this change and it kept their wages down to a lower lever for longer for me in the past.

Arrange friendlies at home when you have a free spot in your agenda, small peanuts but everything helps.

Do you really need 10+ scouts? Not saying that you do but even staff wages add up!

Just a few tips

How many of you are struggling to keep the bank balance from going red? I have been making negative losses every month to the tune of $1million but i have never bought any players on installments. The only thing is that the club has a loan of $15m, but the repayment is only $250k? Think the Chairman is siphoning money out of the coffers!! :confused:

Now at the end of each season, i will have to sell my best players just to keep the bank balance from turning red!

what club are you what is the value of the club compared to the loan and just double check the amount the loan is per month.

by the club going into the red do you mean the clubs actual bank balance is going negative or just you are losing money each month.

if you are just losing money each months dont panic to much as prize money, tv money and sponsership tends to balence it out by the end of the season(lots of clubs lose money each months other then at the very end of the season ) your wage bill will tend to have been worked out so that this is so.

There are sadly a lot of teams out there who run into debt along the season and who rely on TV money or winner/price money to come back up again. Fail to win and you are in trouble. Which is, also sadly enough, totally realistic.

this is true but if your in a big league and not doing anything stupid any prize money you get even for finishing bottom (esp in prem ) could cover you.

what club are you what is the value of the club compared to the loan and just double check the amount the loan is per month.

by the club going into the red do you mean the clubs actual bank balance is going negative or just you are losing money each month.

if you are just losing money each months dont panic to much as prize money, tv money and sponsership tends to balence it out by the end of the season(lots of clubs lose money each months other then at the very end of the season ) your wage bill will tend to have been worked out so that this is so.

I am with Derby and i start out with 9m and a loan of 15m, with payment of $250k. I am losing an average of 1m every month and that means i have to sell off a player, which liverpool bidded 10m for Addison at the end of the first season.

I remember checking my expenditure, a huge expense came from maintaing the pitch! Guess the club prefers to have nicely manicured pitch then money in the pocket! :(

I did not promote to the BPL and hence my prize money was 1+m only :( Based on this kind of cash inflow and outflow, the only way to balance my bank account is either to get promoted to the BPL or sell players at the end of each year :thdn:

Yes exactly, but a team like Liverpool is really going down the drain financially if they fail to qualify for European competition. It all depends on how close you are to the edge of financial stability. If just playing in a top league is enough then thats great.

:thup: although you might not be doing anything silly the guy before might have.

i only use 48 moths transfers to just add an extra million or two to the offer if you use it for the whole thing (which you say you havent so is slightly redundant) make sure you have either sold a player for a similar amount on a similar deal (the two should cancel).

have a player on a big wage (that you dont need to replace with a big wage ) retiring soon (i find setting the wage veiw to yearly an easy way to work this out, as remember even if you dont get all your transfer income back you nearly always get the whole wage budget back ).

or have only done so as you are in the process of selling players to make up the amount in which case just dont use up all your transfer kitty however tempting

I am with Derby and i start out with 9m and a loan of 15m, with payment of $250k. I am losing an average of 1m every month and that means i have to sell off a player, which liverpool bidded 10m for Addison at the end of the first season.

I remember checking my expenditure, a huge expense came from maintaing the pitch! Guess the club prefers to have nicely manicured pitch then money in the pocket! :(

I did not promote to the BPL and hence my prize money was 1+m only :( Based on this kind of cash inflow and outflow, the only way to balance my bank account is either to get promoted to the BPL or sell players at the end of each year :thdn:

just try as much as you can to sign a free player to replace the sold one as well as a promising youngster (if you have the funds )

also if you have some wage budget to spare sign up good looking free agents even if you dont think you will use them much as long as you dont set them to first team or key players on huge wages. then sell them afgter a year or 6 months. consider it investing your wage budget .

Slightly off topic but I really would like to be able to ask for LESS wages myself when my own contract is up for renewal. Just to keep the wage budget down. Sadly enough I can only ask for more.

yes! i tried to do the same and you cant, how dumb. they wanted to pay me $20,000pw and i wanted to work for free... or the min wage of $6.25 per hour...

yes! i tried to do the same and you cant, how dumb. they wanted to pay me $20,000pw and i wanted to work for free... or the min wage of $6.25 per hour...

I think thousands of clubs will be clamouring for your signature then! But provided if you are good of course.

A lot of today's football clubs are in negative numbers. I think this part of the game is quite realistic, only a few teams like barsa manage to make money each month. Has anyone tried buying David Beckham and see if the merchandise rises by a lot? I know that by buying big names can improve ones merchandise but im not sure by how much and becks is probably the most popular footie player even though he isnt great anymore on the field.

Archived