Game is too easy

Is there in a new manager(2010) somewere to adjust the game difficulty? I play it and somehow it seems too easy...

I play with Dinamo Z., and very easy to win any game in the league, and I would not be surprised that so much, but when I in the Champions League easily played with Liverpool draw at Ainfield, I suspected that something is wrong.

Thanks for answer, and sory for stupit question... :D:D:D

No offence to Liverpool supporters, but let's face it, their CL performaces this season have left a lot to be desired. Maybe this is just further proof that the game reflects life...

(prepares to be lynched)

No lynching necessary, although you forgot the league performances too!! We've been terrible! :mad:

Welcome to the forums Stef!!!

The area of difficulty on FM is a subjective one and yes the game will be too easy for some, too hard for some, and about right for some.

Is this the same Dinamo Zagreb, who are the most successful team in Croatian History, current league champions, and have been for the last four years?

You are the best team in Croatia, so any position other than 1st is a failure, and you have said that you would expect this. You have drawn to Liverpool at Anfield, not even a win. Your post suggests that FM10 is too easy but you base this on one result only?

I'm happy to discuss as to whether FM10 is too easy or too hard but we need more information to back up your initial statement that FM10 is too easy. :)

Yeah, I would also say this to anybody complaining about the difficulty, given that they are a top club in any country/league. :)

Try Rangers is Scotland.

No money, a poor team, and expected to win the league. Not the worlds hardest challenge, but id say its a hard one myself.

Certainly compared to previous FMs when theyve had a reasonable team or money or both.

First, thanks everyone for the responses :) And thanks for the welcome :)

@ Nev147

You did not understand me, I'm not saying that the game Football Manager generaly is too easy, my question was something like - is they add to the beginning of the game that you can choose the difficulty? Sorry if you don't understand me at first, my English is not perfect...

I asked that becouste I think it would not be good(for me) to play with Dinamo 5 or more years, and then realize that game is on easy or medium difficulty. I think is better asked now, so if I find out now that my difficulty is on easy, now I can stop play, becouse i have played just 15 or some more games, and that wouldn't be a big loss.

I have to praise the game, I like it, and I recommend to everyone that to buy a young Kramarić from Dinamo, because this guy play fantastic!

Try Rangers is Scotland.

No money, a poor team, and expected to win the league. Not the worlds hardest challenge, but id say its a hard one myself.

Certainly compared to previous FMs when theyve had a reasonable team or money or both.

I don't think FM10 is too easy, but I was just saying that people say FM is too easy and they give an example of being the manager of a top team and or with a lot of money, wheter its Man Utd, Barcelona, Newcastle etc. Ok if you are Hull and can win the EPL in 1-3 seasons then it may be too easy but not if you are at a club that are expected to win the league.

I'm sure with Rangers you have a massive battle with Celtic but surely the other clubs in the SPL are not too much of a problem in regards to the tittle race. :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll scout him. ;) And like others have said, just try a harder challenge if you want the game to be harder. They are right. Managing the best side (i.e. Dinamo) in any country should be easy. Try managing the worst club in Croatia.

Dundee United won it on a BETA test on mine. Celtic came second (despite an accidental 20 point deduction) on goal differance over Rangers. This was testing a new database.

Also a number of people up here expect hibs or dundee united to win the league IRL up here as both old firm sides are soo poor.

First, thanks everyone for the responses :) And thanks for the welcome :)

@ Nev147

You did not understand me, I'm not saying that the game Football Manager generaly is too easy, my question was something like - is they add to the beginning of the game that you can choose the difficulty? Sorry if you don't understand me at first, my English is not perfect...

I asked that becouste I think it would not be good(for me) to play with Dinamo 5 or more years, and then realize that game is on easy or medium difficulty. I think is better asked now, so if I find out now that my difficulty is on easy, now I can stop play, becouse i have played just 15 or some more games, and that wouldn't be a big loss.

I have to praise the game, I like it, and I recommend to everyone that to buy a young Kramarić from Dinamo, because this guy play fantastic!

Ok I understand you want to change the difficulty - no there is not option to change this, as I guess this would be near impossible or it would not reflect real life. E.g. in your situation in Croatia - would you improve the rest of the league or would you make Dinamo Zagreb worse. In order to make the game a bit harder I would say mamage another team In Croatia that has to compete against Dinamo Zagreb and then you will see what the other teams are up against when you are Dinamo Zagreb.

And your English is good, I have no problems understanding you. :)

Get rid of the option to buy a player and spread the payment over 48 months and maybe that'll make the game a little more difficult.

25mil transfer budget and 6 mil recieved from selling players. 30mil total was what I had to spend when I got Coventry promoted to the prem.

I spent 61 mil by spreading the payments and bought at least 4 top players for over 12mil.

I had the buying power of Man City, it's not realistic for most teams, let alone a newly promoted one.

It should be simple enough to code in a check box to do away with 48/36/24 month payments before you start a game. That way a player can choose to make it a little more difficult (Or maybe a lot).

Or you could always play a game and swear to yourelf you wont spread any transfer fees monthly .... But the temptation is too great for me :(

In terms of quality of players/coaches, infrastructure, fiances, and ability to attract players then I do not think that Dundee Utd are in the same league as the Old Firm. :)

Sorry to again go off topic. I'll stop it now. But...irrespective of that, the top four of the SPL this season (IRL):

1st is Rangers on 25 points

2nd is Celtic on 24 points

3rd is Hibernian on 22 points

4th is Dundee Utd on 22 points

Most open SPL since it started.

Sorry to again go off topic. I'll stop it now. But...irrespective of that, the top four of the SPL this season (IRL):

1st is Rangers on 25 points

2nd is Celtic on 24 points

3rd is Hibernian on 22 points

4th is Dundee Utd on 22 points

Most open SPL since it started.

I cant argue with facts! I hope the SPL is more open this year. :)

Dundee Utd anyone? :p
In terms of quality of players/coaches, infrastructure, fiances, and ability to attract players then I do not think that Dundee Utd are in the same league as the Old Firm. :)

Off topic again. My last post on the subject.

Finances - Good. Rangers are on the verge of administration, all players up for sale all facilities up and the club itself is up for sale at half the stock value. Also the players the old firm are attracting just now are not as good as 10 years ago.

Coaches - Coach wise at united im not sure on. However managers - Tony Mobray (celtic) vs. Walter Smith (rangers) vs. Craig Levin (dundee utd). Alls i need to say here. Levin is favorite for the Scotland job for a reason. Hes taken an under-performing Hearts side and made them third best team in Scotland. He moved and done poor in England like Smith. Returned to Scotland with United who had spent alot under previous managers and under-performed, Levin comes and and suddlenly woop their doing well.

Infastructure - Only Rangers have a youth academy, United behind on Stadium sizes to both.

Attracting players - As said above United have spent money. Infact they where the team who introduced Jason Scotland to Britain (isnt he now a Premiership player) Levin is the type of manager who avoids big names. Buys small and sells. Very much like Rednapp in England.

Thanks for the tip. I'll scout him. ;) And like others have said, just try a harder challenge if you want the game to be harder. They are right. Managing the best side (i.e. Dinamo) in any country should be easy. Try managing the worst club in Croatia.

Kramarić is my first striker, he score 14 goals in 6 games in Croatian First Leagua. In Euro-comepetition, in 1.,2.,3. qualifying round for CL, and one in Group stage of CL he score for about 6-7 goals, and he don't play all games!

Belive me, I was surprised too, he is good choice!

Ok I understand you want to change the difficulty - no there is not option to change this, as I guess this would be near impossible or it would not reflect real life. E.g. in your situation in Croatia - would you improve the rest of the league or would you make Dinamo Zagreb worse. In order to make the game a bit harder I would say mamage another team In Croatia that has to compete against Dinamo Zagreb and then you will see what the other teams are up against when you are Dinamo Zagreb.

And your English is good, I have no problems understanding you.

That is what i want to heard...

I take Dinamo Zagreb becouse I want to do something with him in CL, my plan is not to win national championship. I am fan of Dinamo Zagreb, and my dream is that Dinamo won CL, and when i can't get that in real life, i will try it myself in game :)

Thanks everyone for answers :)

PS Thank you for nice commend of my english :D I give my best...

Kramarić is my first striker, he score 14 goals in 6 games in Croatian First Leagua. In Euro-comepetition, in 1.,2.,3. qualifying round for CL, and one in Group stage of CL he score for about 6-7 goals, and he don't play all games!

Belive me, I was surprised too, he is good choice!

According to my scout (at A.C. Milan) He'll be a decent Serie A striker in the future. Not enough to make me want to buy him, but if he's available cheap I wouldn't say no.

And I hope you can get Dinamo to win the CL. I won it with my team (Aberdeen) in FM09 and it was an amazing feeling.

Off topic again. My last post on the subject.

Finances - Good. Rangers are on the verge of administration, all players up for sale all facilities up and the club itself is up for sale at half the stock value. Also the players the old firm are attracting just now are not as good as 10 years ago.

Coaches - Coach wise at united im not sure on. However managers - Tony Mobray (celtic) vs. Walter Smith (rangers) vs. Craig Levin (dundee utd). Alls i need to say here. Levin is favorite for the Scotland job for a reason. Hes taken an under-performing Hearts side and made them third best team in Scotland. He moved and done poor in England like Smith. Returned to Scotland with United who had spent alot under previous managers and under-performed, Levin comes and and suddlenly woop their doing well.

Infastructure - Only Rangers have a youth academy, United behind on Stadium sizes to both.

Attracting players - As said above United have spent money. Infact they where the team who introduced Jason Scotland to Britain (isnt he now a Premiership player) Levin is the type of manager who avoids big names. Buys small and sells. Very much like Rednapp in England.

My last post on this matter. I'm not going to get into a tit for tat argument on this. Dundee United are not in the same league as Rangers or Celtic, period based on what I said earlier. :)

According to my scout (at A.C. Milan) He'll be a decent Serie A striker in the future. Not enough to make me want to buy him, but if he's available cheap I wouldn't say no.

And I hope you can get Dinamo to win the CL. I won it with my team (Aberdeen) in FM09 and it was an amazing feeling.

He is very young and talented player, i suggest you to buy him now, when he is not expensive, and loan him to some smaller club where he can developt to big player, what i think he will be in game, an in real life :)

Thank you for your wishes :)

The guy that posted this must be drank or something, didnt even win the champions league and yet thinks the game is too easy????.... he picks the best croatian team and thinks the game is too easy, well duh! you are expected to win the league every season and ending even 2nd its a failure. Im playing with Benfica and yes, I win 90% of the games expect when facing porto and sporting lisboa. Im expected to challenge the title and end 2nd or 3rd and thats what usually happens. if you ask me, game is pretty realistic. Now, I have to say the premier league is the toughest league in the game, any team can kick your butt if you are not careful.

Archived