surprising sacking

I've been playing as Sunderland manager, had a poor start 1st season but managed to claw my way up to finish in 11th when I was asked to stay clear of relegation.

2nd season expectations are to finish mid-table and although it's been a bit of a struggle so far I'm going into a game at Man City in 15th place after 14 games so it's not exactly terrible, then i lose 4-1 at Eastlands after having Turner sent off early in the 2nd half and i press continue only to be greeted with the news of my sacking.

Now, that might be considered "slightly" harsh with all things considered. But it was so surprising to me that i decided to go back to the last save to see if I had missed the tell tale signs of pressure despite having had no news stories saying so. So imagine my surprise when all it says in the confidence section is that they feel i should be performing "slightly" better in my role as manager (1 day before Man City game ) and squad harmony is good,wages okay, still have the Quarters of the league cup to come etc.

So i guess the main question is why have i been sacked after losing a tough game away when there was no sign whatsoever of it coming?

Just retire then add yourself back as sunderland manager. I've done this loads of times through the years when I think my sacking was a bit harsh.

yeah i've done it before too but I'm going to just continue and see what jobs come up. But I just want to understand the reason why this happened, is it something logical that I'm missing altogether or a big ol' bug?

yeah i've done it before too but I'm going to just continue and see what jobs come up. But I just want to understand the reason why this happened, is it something logical that I'm missing altogether or a big ol' bug?

There are some weird sackings in the game. I saw Mexico's manager get sacked for losing 1-0 away to Honduras in the last World Cup qualifier after winning the first 5 and already be qualified.

Luckily, although i'm still annoyed about being sacked, i managed to get the Notts County job a month later. Starting 15th in league 1 and with as much money to spend as i had at Sunderland!

I'm just terrified to lose a game by more than one goal in case I get the sack again!

Did you at some point hire Avram Grant as one of your backroom staff?

haha, no I definitely wouldn't have hired Avram Grant!

The new manager is some guy called Ciriaco Sforza from Switzerland and it appears to be his first job in management. Still, seems to be go really well for him (ahem) as they are 16th in Prem after 33 games and are only 3 points off the relegation zone! And i've got to admit that a large part of me wants them to get relegated now as retribution.

FM is strange.

I am managing OUFC, got them to the prem and after finishing 17th,11th and 3rd my fans are then unhappy with a draw away to man utd. :|

I had this with my Luton save, I drew with title contenders Oxford and the fans are disappointed but then I draw with Forest Green and they are pleased. Both games were at home. :confused:

did you check the Job Security tab?

haha, no I definitely wouldn't have hired Avram Grant!

The new manager is some guy called Ciriaco Sforza from Switzerland and it appears to be his first job in management. Still, seems to be go really well for him (ahem) as they are 16th in Prem after 33 games and are only 3 points off the relegation zone! And i've got to admit that a large part of me wants them to get relegated now as retribution.

Random comment i know but, Sforza was a cracking player.

There are some weird sackings in the game. I saw Mexico's manager get sacked for losing 1-0 away to Honduras in the last World Cup qualifier after winning the first 5 and already be qualified.

Brazil's manager just got sacked during the World Cup (2014), which I'm pretty sure I've never seen before.

Admittedly, if they lose to Portugal 1-0 and Ivory Coast beat USA 3-1 or 3-0, they will fail to make it out of the group stages. As the hosts. So it's not weird... just very, very humiliating :)

Archived