What Computer for FM10?

I am looking to get a new computer for FM10 as my old one has broken.

I was wondering if this computer would be any good - Acer Computer

I would be looking to have Championship and Premiership selected as well as Seria A, La Liga and possibly Ligue 1, Bundesliga and maybe Dutch/Portuguese League and would like to play without long pauses for loading and with it flowing properly.

If not what computers could I get that would perform well around the same price?

I have looked at this one - Advent and this Dell

Or should I go for a refurbished one such as - Acer 2

Thanks for your time guys and I am grateful to have you geniuses here to help :D

Can't wait to get my computer and copy of FM and try and get newcastle back to where they deserve to be :)

If I were to just want to do the top leagues in say England,Spain and Italy would that make any difference to what specifications I would need and be able to to save much money?

I am really wanting to do it for around the 350 mark. Anyone up for designing me a computer on one of the websites. Please? :D

Sorry, I am truely useless with computer specs.

i got my PC built 3 years ago on this budget for £350 inc free monitor from the guy who built it who had a spare. Anyways i would suggest if you know someone who can build this is the best option. You will get far better for you money. my pc now in the shops is still worth more than what i paid then.

i got my PC built 3 years ago on this budget for £350 inc free monitor from the guy who built it who had a spare. Anyways i would suggest if you know someone who can build this is the best option. You will get far better for you money. my pc now in the shops is still worth more than what i paid then.

What is the best website to design a computer on?

And can someone please offer some assistance as I do not have any knowledge on computers, I would probably like a graphics card that is external and good then if thats the case. Providing its not bundles and bundles more expensive?

Thanks guys :)

I had a thread about buying a computer, so i shall looking at this in anticipation.

Well it wasn't very good and couldn't play FM09, and recently it stopped turning on. Not too bothered about it, just need a new one. So any ideas? :) £350-£450 budget :)

Or if someone could help me build one it would be largely appreicated :)

Or point me in the right direction atleast? :)

this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172710/ plus a graphics card which is easy to install http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152940/

I heard that Windows 7 is even worse than Vista and it would be much better to simply buy an XP? Is this true or is it just a little bit bad?

Thanks again and thanks for the reccomendation I am thinking about that one Jamie :) Cheers.

I heard that Windows 7 is even worse than Vista and it would be much better to simply buy an XP? Is this true or is it just a little bit bad?

Thanks again and thanks for the reccomendation I am thinking about that one Jamie :) Cheers.

Is this another episode of "I heard this OS is rubbish, so I will tell 10 people I know that it is rubbish so they think I know lots about this OS"

I really hope not, Vista under service pack 2 is a very good OS, better than XP for more advanced users! Windows 7 will be good after a few service packs but like FM10 it takes a few patches to get it right. XP has its plus sides, but its showing its age now. 7 is a good way to go to revitalise a slow aging laptop or desktop, anything quad core and better with decent ram on vista is worth keeping! As long as its running smooth, mainly because Vista has had time to bed in and most people wont use half the things that windows 7 brings, like any well marketed product it has showy gimmiks to attact sales, those things I turn off so it looks like windows 95 :)

for £500 i got:

nVidia 9800GTX

2gb RAM

Intel Quad Core Q9550 CPU

500gb Hitachi SATA HDD

Case, PSU

Motherboard

All i supplied myself was the OS monitor & keyboard and although above your budget, this is a top end PC

If you shop around you WILL find a bargain

Are there are any small independent computer shops near you? You can often get better deals than PC World (even the 'on sale' stuff) and they're flexible in building one with the right sort of specification for your needs.

Alternatively, I found last year (buying one at about your budget for someone else) that Tesco Direct actually had a much better deal on a nice spec than PC World did. If all else fails, knock about £50-£70 off of your budget, buy the best spec you can (CPU, RAM, HD in that order) and then spend the remainder on a graphics card.

If you are building a PC for FM think about a quad core barebones systems, if you can rescue anything from an old desktop for a new one then do (like monitor, HDD, keyboard, mouse). Just add cheap other components and you will be whizzing through! Just add a cheap graphics card, all you need is an ATI card from about 3 gens ago, the x1000 series.

I also reccomend finding someone local, usually very good prices and you can pop in and see if its all going well!

Also someone here might be able to share some old spare parts? No? Stingy ppl!

Archived