You don't see this often in FM

I've seen plenty of threads about things that happen far to often in FM, so i was thinking of things that don't happen so much if at all.

My examples...

Long Shots: I don't mean the general long shots that you see plenty. What about a long shot just past the half way line when the keeper is off his line?

Penaltys seem to come from fouls, have you seen a hand ball?

Not saying these things never happen, just i haven't seen them.

What can you think of that doesn't happen very often in FM?

I've seen plenty of threads about things that happen far to often in FM, so i was thinking of things that don't happen so much if at all.

My examples...

Long Shots: I don't mean the general long shots that you see plenty. What about a long shot just past the half way line when the keeper is off his line?

I've seen at least two penalties from handballing (the commentators said so at least, followed by furious protesting of course!)

Long shots with the keeper off his place I've seen as well, just don't recall any from behind the half line.

I'm in 2015 and I had 1 penalty after opponent player's handball. Not too much, eh?

Used to happen in previous games, but never happened to me in FM 2010 - players shoving or kicking someone during game breaks.

My examples...

I've seen at least two penalties from handballing (the commentators said so at least, followed by furious protesting of course!)

Long shots with the keeper off his place I've seen as well, just don't recall any from behind the half line.

Seen quite a few lobs over the keeper in my game, mostly against me I must admit. Never seen anyone properly go round the keeper though...I have seen the commentary say that player x takes it round the keeper but he doesn't really, just goes a bit to the side and slides it under the keeper.

Goals from deflection, keeper diving wrong way.

Goal being scored after deflecting off a red beach ball.

Had a few deflected goals too in my game. One of them just deflected as my keeper was going one way and he even tried to change direction to get to it.. without success.

Seen a few diving headers, and handballs. Also had one of my team score from just insode the opposition half after their 'keeper had come up for a corner and they lost it....

Not seen > booking for time-wasting, back-heels, bicycle/overhead kicks...

My examples...

I've had a hand ball in my game.

I've not seen any tricks. I guess the animations aren't there yet.

Pretty much anything mentioned here until now I did see, even overhead kicks! It would be a bit silly tho, let's be honest here, if you would see that sort of stuff every game.

The only thing I cannot recall is the timewasting bookings but I would not be suprised if that is also in. You can argue about if the match engine is good or bad but one thing I have to give em credit for is that even after a long time I see or read stuff I didn't expect or never seen before and quite frankly I am happy that a lot of stuff is that rare.

I've seen, well what seemingly looked like back heels a few times - almost scored with one as well. I've also scored with a diving header and have saw one (again looked like) near overhead kick

The strange thing is i'm playing as FC United in the NPP:)

Just another thing I thought about, what about getting a yellow or potentially red card yourself if you shout too much at the sideline :D

Would be funny to include sideline shouts about ref interactions, not sure if it is a wise thing for me personally because I tend to talk dirt to them behind my screen :rolleyes:

Marlon Harewood who i brought to Rangers to replace Lafferty went round the keeper. Although i dont think he ment it he just got infront of the keeper from a long ball it hit his skin went forward and keeper was trying to get up as he slotted into the net filled with nothing apart from a defender charging back.

Or a player with an injury due to fireworks thrown on the pitch? There are so many things that can still be added, but not sure if everything is a great idea...

Edit: Thinking about a firework incident, matches stopped for fan violence or name calling? Just picture looking at a game and suddenly reading: Ref blows for full time and leaves pitch, he had enough of the insulting chants. Following that could be fines or possible matches without supporters.

Or a player with an injury due to fireworks thrown on the pitch? There are so many things that can still be added, but not sure if everything is a great idea...

never even see the fireworks or flairs not even in italy come on si what are you playing at

Well if we are going that way why not add in a few female supporters to aim the camera at if the match is boring as hell... :p

Would give the "main stand" view a whole new meaning!

now theres an idea !!!

although if your that desperate open a web page mate .lol

Archived