"the Fans" work needed.

i think in the coming patches the fans need some work doing. they dont seem to change and adapt to your team. i listed masherano on the transfer list when he was about 29 as i have velso, camacho and mousso sissoko who i regard as better players for that position. i sold him to real madric for 17 million and fans regarded it as an abberation.

i sold agger to villa for 8 mill and skrtel to milan for 10 mill as id bought sakho and fazio as replacements and the fans called for my head.

i sold reina for 19 mill to man city and bought akinfeev and the fans called it an aberation.

i got rid of kuyt, babel, benayoun and aquilani for a total of 45 Mill and replaced them toni kroos, simon vukcevic, mesut ozil and eden hazard and the fans/board went nuts!

now all of those players were surplus to requirements and replaced with stronger players but in ever board confidence update i get the same old "board disapointment with sale of" and "the fans beleive the sale of blah blah was an abberation" etc etc.

also, played a match and we lost and it said the fans would have rather seen tom huddlestone in the starting line up rather than veloso!!! (i onyl bought huddlestone for an extra home grown player for CL)

now thats just plain rediculous.

the game needs to be more intelligent.

It seems to me that the algorithm beind that is based on their recent /annual performance, I've had bad reactions to selling cr*p players who had a decent average (I'd only played them in say league cup games so they had a higher than average performance scode) and good reaction to good players sold cheap cos they were playing badly. I think it needs to be a bit more complex than this as you say, taking into account squad size etc. Then again, fans do like to complain whatever! I would like to see the reaction change over the season depending on how that player plays at his new club though, so if you sold a player who then went on to do brilliantly or vice versa it would reflect badly/well on you in the long run, that's what happens IRL.

My reserves play in a league with real teams, as well as other reserves, so everyone I sell has been playing well and they whinge about every single sale, because they seem convinced they've been amazing, despite only playing at best semi-pro teams. Fortunately, my job is very secure, and as such the fans' opinion doesn't matter at all! :D

I managing Southampton and obviously you start on minus 10 points and am expected to avoid relegation so i achieve better and get them promoted via playoffs and win the paint trophy in the process, so following season i'm in the championship expeted to be in a relegation battle but even when i draw or lose against clubs i'm expected to lose to my fans still complain saying i should of beat the best teams in the league surely this is wrong ?

think you have to remember that in real life teams dont change as much as they do in fm (well ok i can think of a few) but the fans are reacting to players they know and have performed well for the club for a few years seeing them replaced by unproven (at least in your team ) players although im sure you will see that the fans might be excited by some of your signings.

in real life it would probably either work

that a player left (for what ever reason ) and a replacement had to be brought in and then the fans react to how they saw the sale ie forced by board or player ( which they dont seem to get) or just you deciding to sell a key player (which they always seem to rate it as)

or a player is brought in as competition for a while before one (normally the elder ) is moved on .

although i really dont get the bit where fans say so and so did not impress they thing thingy bob should have started once had this with chelsea and they said drogba (in the first season recently in good form ) shouldnt have started and de sutter (only played one carling cup game and didnt score) should have. no fan would ever suggest that.

I noticed in my City game i sold Steven Ireland and bought Fabregas. Very good deal even at a £40M loss. Fans went crazy. Although they where happy at Fabregas comming i also had signed Makoun and Van der Vaart they where crying out that Ireland was first team. Sorry but i had Kallstorm about to sign. he would have been lucky to warm the reserves bench.

Having the same problem here.I released most of my reserves at Liverpool and the fan are disappointed with me because of it.

think in that case its just a case of doing it like taking off a plaster lets face it they wont sack you straight away for selling reserve team players (probably even key players) just have to do it quickly and all at once and hope it doesnt come back to bite you (ok the plaster analogy fall apart there)

Archived