Player finds it hard to motivate to play for you due to personal issues?

Some people don't get along with other people.

So you have a player who didn't like things you said before, about him, the team, a different team or a different player...

He's going to have to live with it because he's under contract. It's up to you to decide whether you want to wait and see if he gets over it or not.

Either way, he might still play well. I usually try to get rid of players who don't respect me, unless they're indispensible.

When playing the game as Inter I had Wesley Sneijder state the same thing, personal issues and not motivated to play for me. His morale was great and I never had any message why he felt that way. I don't mind if players disagree or get angry at me (rather not of course) but I sure like to know why! On top of that, I would really like to be able to actually act upon that. Have a chat, sort it out or at least have a chance to make stuff better. Right now if that happens without a clear reason (slight concerns, fined, bad team talk, sold best friend, tutoring mishap or anything else that you DO get feedback about) you got no other choice then just hope you change his mind in the long run, ignore it or sell him. Not really the hands on approach I would prefer.

End of story, It bugged me that he felt that way so I sold him to Bayern with a profit at the end of the season.

When playing the game as Inter I had Wesley Sneijder state the same thing, personal issues and not motivated to play for me. His morale was great and I never had any message why he felt that way. I don't mind if players disagree or get angry at me (rather not of course) but I sure like to know why! On top of that, I would really like to be able to actually act upon that. Have a chat, sort it out or at least have a chance to make stuff better. Right now if that happens without a clear reason (slight concerns, fined, bad team talk, sold best friend, tutoring mishap or anything else that you DO get feedback about) you got no other choice then just hope you change his mind in the long run, ignore it or sell him. Not really the hands on approach I would prefer.

End of story, It bugged me that he felt that way so I sold him to Bayern with a profit at the end of the season.

You are right.

yea the game should give you some indication as to why but it doesn't. not very helpfull. i think it is due to your manager reputation.

i have a low reputation and my goalie always has "personal issues" with me. i heard someone else saying its this aswell

I had one player in Fm09 who consistly complained about personal problems for two years. I tried all I could think off, resting, new contract, praising, punishing..... nothing changed it; well it was fixing it for a while but his problems were coming back, as a result I let him go, he was just 24 and was quite ok stats wise. He was without a club for one year then signed another team just to play for another year and retired when he was 27.

When I think about it I think it is also possible IRL, one example I could think of is Adriano of Inter. Very talented young player but for no obvious reason ( in football terms) he started declining mentally and never fully recovered. He did not retire yet but compared to where he was 5 years ago he can be now considered as lost in football. I'm sure Inter tried everything possible to save him but sometimes it just does not work.

In game, I had a load of players who were "Finding it hard to motivate themselves to play for you for personal reason"

Strangely I had a game against Bolton where there manager came out and praised me pre-game. In the actual game, I didn't have any "Finding it hard" players, and a couple even had a PR status of "Pleased the manager is getting praised".

No idea if this is a long term fix as I saved the game after the match and went to bed, but no doubt I'll find out soon :-)

I think this is buggy. Still getting this after 3 seasons 2 trophies.

Said player is still finding it hard to motivate themsleves for me due to personal issues.

What personal issues? At least tell me so I can sort it out or else I'm just going to carry on as I do.

Archived