For the Love of God please tone down Pato!

This guy is incredible, he literally scores in every game and as a result of this AC Milan are hugely overrated in the game, they are virtually unstoppable. I tell my players to do everything to him, tight mark him, show him onto his weaker foot, hard tackling and still he bags a hat-trick and I have Mexes marking him!

Check out these stats:

screenshot20091125at133.png

29 goals in 35 games, 12 assists, 11 man of the match awards are insane for any striker never mind an inconsistent 20 year old who struggles to hit 15 in the league every year!

Don't get me wrong I rate Pato highly but those are Van Nistelrooy esque stats. Pato won't be hitting figures like that for a few years especially with a midfield as bad as Milan's.

he literally scores in every game

he clearly doesn't and his stats are good, but not amazing.

he's no milevskyi

Ok so he hasn't scored in 5 games but if I took a snapshot earlier in the season you would see his goals exceeded the games he played in.

Plus his attributes may not be amazing but there are a lot of hidden stats you don't see that make him such an awesome striker for example he has a very strong rating for both his left and right foot which makes him deadly and his consistency stat is very high.

I don't understand how the fm makers could rate him this highly surely they must have tested this game?

As for Milevskyi he has poor composure as a result tends to buckle in one on one situations.

As for FMRTE I have a mac for which there is no version out which stops me from editing his stats.

Dzeko regulary averages around 1 goal per game in my saves...hes also double footed.

I had Cardozo on my Newcastle save..he was very close to 1 goal per game.

If they tone down Pato, i guess they would have to tone down a few other strikers..

Dzeko regulary averages around 1 goal per game in my saves...hes also double footed.

I had Cardozo on my Newcastle save..he was very close to 1 goal per game.

If they tone down Pato, i guess they would have to tone down a few other strikers..

oscar cardozo? guy from benfica? his shooting, finishing, heading stats are impressive. he scores 1 goal per game for me but he keeps getting injured

his attributes look about right to me. The guy is amazing IRL. He has a ton of ability.

And...if he "literally scored every game" he would be averaging at least 1 goal per game....no?

he is the best player in milan right now, ronaldinho is coming back slowly. imma watch him tomorrow in the Champions league.

Like I said earlier if I posted a picture of his profile it was over 1 goal a game, we'll see what it's like at the end of the season. I think Riverplate made a good point when he stated strikers score too many goals in fm 10.

Dzeko, Cardozo, Gignac, Ibsevic, Benzema, Miccoli, Hoarau, Totti, Higuain, all have amazing statistics

Some are warranted like Totti and maybe Dzeko and Higuain and obviously the "world class" strikers like Torres, Ibra and Eto the rest though are overrated.

oscar cardozo? guy from benfica? his shooting, finishing, heading stats are impressive. he scores 1 goal per game for me but he keeps getting injured

Played whole season for me with no problem...33 league goals...basicaly cheaper version of Dzeko with awesome free kick ability.

Haven't got the Italian leagues running, but Pato for me has 206 goals in 276 career games. That is a lot tbf :D Only 3 20+ goals per season in 10 seasons though.

9 in 5 games this season too. Maybe not having the league active could have something to do with that abnormality, but you have a point tbf.

I'm managing Milan, and Pato is absolutely incredible. These were his stats in his first season, in all games:

55 played, 43 scored, 22 assists, 12 MOTM, 7.43 rating

Huntelaar playing alongside him also got 28 for good measure, while Afellay playing behind the two scored 19. I signed Dzeko for this season and by February he and Pato have (I think) about 45 goals between them so far. :D

David Villa is probably the worst if we are talking about barely believable goal ratios as he has 74 goals in 69 appearances for an AI Valencia on my save in a season and a half.

Pato has 39 goals in 58 appearances on the same save.

Just had a quick read and I do agree that certain players to seem to 'fill their boots' a bit more than they should. In regards to Pato and CPS mentions Villa (similar to my game btw) that both Milan and Valencia have star players in Pato and Villa and all most everything goes through them with the team being tailored to fit the needs of those two players and consequently they score lots of goals. Milan and Valencia organise there teams around them. If for example if Pato went to barcelona and you had Zlatan and Pato up frontand messi just behind then Pato would not get as many goals as the players around him are at an equal level and will take goals away from him due to their ability and the fact that he is not a big fish in a small pound but a small fish in a big pound.

Also look at both Patos and Villas team mates and I bet they have arounf 50% of the teams goals which is a hell of alot and consequently their team mates will not score as many goals as Pato and Villa are effectively a one man team.

Just playing devils advocate but I do agree with the general trend.

Also a great point by DanGLiverpool was about not having the background league of the given player as you cannot see the league or games so in effect they are not so valid as to a degree they are made up I would assume. :)

David Villa is probably the worst if we are talking about barely believable goal ratios as he has 74 goals in 69 appearances for an AI Valencia on my save in a season and a half.

This is mainly because he almost never misses a penalty and can score the occassional free kick, coupled with the fact he is the most lethal striker in the world in real life.

This is mainly because he almost never misses a penalty and can score the occassional free kick, coupled with the fact he is the most lethal striker in the world in real life.

That's fair enough, but can you remember a striker at the very highest level ever scoring in excess of a goal a game on a consistent basis? You'd probably have to go back to Gerd Muller.

Yeah I know and I know he was very good for Roma. But there's no frame of reference for how he should be this season. His CA will likely be much lower than previous games until he's back to match fitness and plays a full season.

Oh right. Yeah, hmm I see Torres is injured, lets turn his stats down a lil bit too?

The point of reference is how he played at Roma.

Aquilani has been injured even since before he signed for Liverpool. He's played as a sub, what, three times this season, all of what? Half an hour at the most. That's my only point. Nobody knows how good he is within the team of Liverpool in the 2009/10 season. The only point of comparison is Roma in the 2008/09 season. I'm not doubting he's a good player. I said that before. Just that this season in England there'll be plenty of Liverpool supporters thinking "who the heck is this guy and is he any good at all?"

Aquilani has been injured even since before he signed for Liverpool. He's played as a sub, what, three times this season, all of what? Half an hour at the most. That's my only point. Nobody knows how good he is within the team of Liverpool in the 2009/10 season. The only point of comparison is Roma in the 2008/09 season. I'm not doubting he's a good player. I said that before. Just that this season in England there'll be plenty of Liverpool supporters thinking "who the heck is this guy and is he any good at all?"

Again, his stats should not have dropped from those that were existing and researched during his time at Roma.

Stats always decrease from non-playing time. Aquilani's non-playing time has been longer than most this year. Just look at stats during post/pre-season. That's what happens. That's my only point. He was good in FM09, he was good for Roma IRL last year. This year, he's something of an unknown for Liverpool (not to mention long-term injured), Liverpool supporters, and followers of the English Premier League, so...his stats will clearly be down on what they were last time around.

Real Madrid signed him from Milan in 2015 in my save, cost em £78m. He has just been signed by man city, 121 league games/82 goals later for a whopping £29m. Thats some really daft business by Real imo, especially as theyre still the richest club in the world by a mile, and he's still only 29, and last season he got 8.04AR for all competitions..

A healthy Pato is one of the best strikers IRL at the moment

"29 goals in 35 games, 12 assists, 11 man of the match awards are insane for any striker never mind an inconsistent 20 year old who struggles to hit 15 in the league every year!"

I can not agree with this, last year he had some injuries and he was just getting taste of first team football. He already started better this year and he is just getting better. I can see Pato scoring 30 goals in Serie A for consecutive seasons assuming he starts 35 games for Milan.

In my Benfica save, the 2nd top scorer in the Portuguese league is a 34 year old named Alex Alves with 7 finishing, 7 heading, and just crap attributes in general. This makes it quite obvious how it's a match engine issue, not DB related...

There are other factors such as the style of the team he is playing for. There are teams who always aim for a fox striker and even an average striker can score many goals in such environment because they are getting countless balls in every game. I remember some years back a Brazilian fatty called Ailton from Bremen become Bundesliga top scorer and the guy had nothing special, just in the right place in the right time.

In my game Pato didn't do very well at Milan and ended up on the bench while Huntelaar and Paloschi were the starters.

I signed him on a free transfer to Atletico and he's been doing great for me. :p

I think there are other players that need more toning down than Pato, though. Like Tevez for example.

That's fair enough, but can you remember a striker at the very highest level ever scoring in excess of a goal a game on a consistent basis? You'd probably have to go back to Gerd Muller.

I take your point and as good as Daivid Villa is in the game he is no Gerd Muller.

Archived