PDA

View Full Version : No one wants to sell

I_am
25-11-2009, 13:21
Ive just noticed that its so hard to sign players

even with praising the players or trying to unsettle them
there are players who are worth 9 mill and even after offering 40 mill they are still not accpeting the offer..

i sometimes even offer for 10 different players at the same time to see what would happen.. and none of them want the asking price

Riverplate
25-11-2009, 13:51
Ive just noticed that its so hard to sign players

even with praising the players or trying to unsettle them
there are players who are worth 9 mill and even after offering 40 mill they are still not accpeting the offer..

i sometimes even offer for 10 different players at the same time to see what would happen.. and none of them want the asking price

scout them first and see what your scout says on how much cash is needed on the table to begin talks. some clubs wont sell their superstars because they are superstars and they need them. Boca wont sell Riquelme and I purposely tried to see if offering them 50 million will work yet no success.

HunkOfJunk
25-11-2009, 14:03
I spent a long time unsettling a few players (Sakho, Zapata and Akinfeev). All of them had me listed as a favoured personnel, Sakho and Akinfeev even became unhappy and wanted to leave for a bigger club.

PSG then offered Sakho for 12mil, a few clubs including me (Spurs) happily accepted the terms. He signed for Man City even tho I was prem holder and about to secure my 2nd title in a row, good run in cl and they only offered him 5k more p/w. I wouldnt of been supprised if he had signed for Inter, Milan, Real, Barca, Utd, Liverpool or chelsea who all had bids accepted.

So I turned my attention towards Akinfeev. I stuck in a bid of 10mil which was rejected then a mass bid war errupted after my interest in him. He signed for Zaragoza (who has finished 3rd for every season so far). Again why Zaragoza of all the teams that wanted him including Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Finally I went after Zapata, He cost Genoa a cool 28.5mil. I wasnt too suprised he stayed in Italy just that he chose Genoa over me. But then again they offered him a 105k p/w contract. In the end I am actually glad I didnt sign him.

After having my title winning team dissmantled (sold Corluka and Bassong and King retired, had no CB cover, Defoe was now too slow to keep up the 30+ goals a season, Gomes needed replacing and I was down to roughly a 17 player squad) I was left wondering what to do. I randomly looked at the worlds most valued players. Saw that Gourcuff had a bid on him so I took a look. He was worth 26mil and Chelsea offered 27.5mil which I quickly copied. Both bids was accepted and I signed myself a top player for a half decent price. I managed to sign a decent CB in the form of Mathias Jorgensen from Genoa and managed a massive signing in Sergio Aguero.

I guess what I am trying to say is, things do not always go to plan but then again sometimes FM throws in a nice suprise. I would much rather have it the FM way than having it my way all the time. Imagine a FM where whoever you wanted would sign for you at the drop of a hat.

I_am
25-11-2009, 14:08
ive noticed that you dont have to offer that much when others are intrested
i think they make it harder for human players
i was offering large amounts for a player and it was always rejected
another team than offered a lower amouth which was accpeted and i matched

stokes_83
25-11-2009, 14:10
I've never found this to be a problem. Scout a player, and if he is interested in joining and the scout says "they would probably want xxx dollars for the player" then offer it and most times they will accept or come back with a reasonable offer.

if it is says the club will not sell the player....then they won't sell simple as that.

Riverplate
25-11-2009, 14:14
I've never found this to be a problem. Scout a player, and if he is interested in joining and the scout says "they would probably want xxx dollars for the player" then offer it and most times they will accept or come back with a reasonable offer.

if it is says the club will not sell the player....then they won't sell simple as that.

what about "unlikely to sell and will need at least $xxxx amount to transfer", does that mean yes or no