'Call me by my first name' (or not)

Meaning to post this for ages. Ticked 'Call me by my First Name' (or whatever it says), thinking the game would call me 'Jack' or 'Jack F' instead of 'Mr Franklin' but instead it just calls me 'F Jack' or 'Franklin Jack'.

Either this is completely wrong and a mistake from SI OR the option needs to be renamed to 'Reverse my Names' (as I know in some parts of the world the conventions of surname/first name are different).

SI are aware that the option has caused irritation due to bad wording. It is indeed for Asians or others who are used to have the 'first' name last.

I guess Hungary may be the only nation outside of Asia who have their surnames first. It's just so kind from SI to care about us. :)

I initially thought it was for people that consider themselves brazilian and have names like Kaka or something lol.

That's what i thought as well. And it's not only the Brazilians, many Portugese, Spaniards, Turks, Portugese speaking Africans etc. will use their first name or a made up one in football.

When it comes to coaches just think of Dunga, the current manager of the Brazilian national team. Maybe SI could just add both options ( and word them properly :p ), I have no idea if there is any demand for it though.

I think it's a sort of a bug. Just reverse out your first name and surname. And untick the option. You will simply be called "Jack".

Its not a bug or anything like one lol. I'm almost sure its for the Asian community, i.e Chinese, Korean etc.

example

Park Ji-Sung

but Park is actually the family name, hence his name is "reversed" and he is called by his surname 1st

Archived