Game playable?

Reef

I just ordered the game and as I'm living in Switzerland should receive it by next week.

I was really looking forward but reading a few threads I'm starting to worry that you cannot really play the game without crashes or other big problems. Isn't there a Patch out yet, I think I have seen one on this site?

My question is: Would you bother starting the game having a long-career-game in mind or better just playing around with the new features (I must say I haven't played the game since FM2007 which I thought was absolutely brilliant)?

I just ordered the game and as I'm living in Switzerland should receive it by next week.

I was really looking forward but reading a few threads I'm starting to worry that you cannot really play the game without crashes or other big problems. Isn't there a Patch out yet, I think I have seen one on this site?

My question is: Would you bother starting the game having a long-career-game in mind or better just playing around with the new features (I must say I haven't played the game since FM2007 which I thought was absolutely brilliant)?

I suggest you try out the demo

and yes, the first patch is allready released.

In my opinion it is very playable and enjoyable.

:thup:

Don't go by everything you read on these forums. The bunch of moany old gits are the few who aren't sitting about happily playing the game. Every year is the same, countless threads on the same issue from people who haven't given the game a solid chance. Okay, so maybe there are issues. You may run into a memory bug, but as long as you save your game regularly then you'll be fine. That does also depend on how big a game you're going to run. Have a look here if you want to be aware of what is probably the only serious issue with FM2010 in my view.

As far as I am concerned the game is solid and very realistic. I would never suggest you listen to a minority on forums. Just play the game and judge for yourself.

Don't go by everything you read on these forums. The bunch of moany old gits are the few who aren't sitting about happily playing the game. Every year is the same, countless threads on the same issue from people who haven't given the game a solid chance. Okay, so maybe there are issues. You may run into a memory bug, but as long as you save your game regularly then you'll be fine. That does also depend on how big a game you're going to run. Have a look here if you want to be aware of what is probably the only serious issue with FM2010 in my view.

As far as I am concerned the game is solid and very realistic. I would never suggest you listen to a minority on forums. Just play the game and judge for yourself.

Thanks for your answer.

I've been playing the demo for a good 2 hours now and my first impression is that this is a really good game.

I like the thought that not having played since FM2007 it's straight forward so having played FM2007 makes it really easy to get into.

Only major changes of course is the Match Day itself, Tactics I would say and interaction such as press conference, right?

I don't know about you guys but having played FM2007 I at the time always tried to use common sense (I hope I have this haha) and create my own tactic based on say a 4-4-2. But it ALWAYS went horribly wrong and started losing games and even with big teams such as Barcelona or Man Utd players had a tendency to NEVER do what I told them...

Would you say that creating tactics in FM2010 is much more realistic?

Would you say that creating tactics in FM2010 is much more realistic?

I would, yes. To be frank, I was never that unfavourable towards the the sliders system in past editions of FM and I didn't want SI to change it for something that might not be all that good, especially if it was merely to please the constant argument over what was best.

But the truth is that I'm really pleased and ,whilst I taught myself to understand the sliders, I do find the new tactics easier to work with.

anagain just said everything I want to say.

Do no trust this forum for impartial opinion. People experiencing problems are much more likely to be posting than these playing and happy with game. This toned down recently, but for the first two or three weekends they should change the name of GD to "Whining and Moaning forum"

anagain just said everything I want to say.

Do no trust this forum for impartial opinion. People experiencing problems are much more likely to be posting than these playing and happy with game. This toned down recently, but for the first two or three weekends they should change the name of GD to "Whining and Moaning forum"

Ok thanks.

Just one question...Training: It seems that there has been no change to the Training at all so can you even use old Training Schedules like FM2007?

Archived