Goalkeepers wasting time

If you're hangin on to a narrow win or a draw against a larger team your goalie will of course try to waste time when the final whistle approaches. This happens all the time in RL football - and if the keeper is to slow he will get booked.

.....but wait

Has anyone ever seen a goalie get booked in FM for wasting time, or an outfield player for kicking the ball away???

I know SI have a policy not to include illegal or innapropiate behaviour in the game - but come on!!! Time wasting has been in the game of football for ever - and will be there always!

Feedback would be appreciated

The answer is no i haven't. And it definately should be included...

a lot of the time i feel like they time-waste for too long and should get booked but whether that is related(and not possible) or the amount of coded time-wasting is set too high and the game considers it ok to time-waste for that long.

I'm sure your not allowed to time waste for 30 seconds+ but the AI seems to!

Totally agree. Players should get yellow cards for time-wasting. I've often demanded the referee book the players for time wasting when I am trying to win a game :)

As for the "illegal or inappropriate" thing, well...players are sent off for violent conduct...in my head I view that as throwing a punch or a kick or headbutting someone...maybe that's just me :p

I happened to think keepers were immune from getting cards but the other day i was tabbed out while a match was running and when i flicked back on i had noticed my keeper had in fact been booked but forgot to go back to the incident to see why he had been booked.

I have never had a keeper booked in any match I have watched before. That is until FM10.

I have always seen that keepers have been booked/sent off in previous versions. But I have never worked out why that was. I have even seen keepers given suspensions for multiple yellow cards over a season.

T had my goalkeeper booked this year. He came out to pick up the ball on the edge of the area, and flopped down outside it, meaning it was a handball. I assume it was this kind of reason before.

Glad to have some support on the issue - does anyone know the best way to get SI to comment on a feature request like this?

They keep an eye on the forums, and if they like the suggestion, then itll get "tagged" for further discussion by them.

It definitely should be in FM, and maybe is, but isnt coded to happen often enough. I definitely haven't seen a keeper (or any other player, for that matter) be wanred or booked for time-wasting...

No worries! :thup:

Like I said, I think it is probably in there already, just not coded to happen often enough. I'm into 2020 now, and I'm yet to have my keeper sent off! He's been booked for handling outside the area twice, but nothing more serious... yet...

Archived