Newcastle United - Biggest reputation in England?!?

Just finished my first season as Arsenal (finished 4th, and won Europa League and FA Cup, so a solid first year, Champions League excluded).

Towards the end of the season, I was surprised to see a second in the championship Newcastle start nicking my coaches and scouts. No worries I thought, easily replaced, obviously they're preparing for life back in the premiership.

During the summer, about 3/4 of my team were wanted, no problems, I'll reject or get good money.

Then the strangest thing happened:

2 pieces of news appear:

"Hughton chasing Fabregas"

"Hughton declares Van Persie interest"

I laughed so hard I nearly cried... Until...

"Fabregas flattered by Newcastle interested"

"Van Persie flattered by Newcastle interested"

Now who in there right mind would be interested in leaving a team in the top four in the prem (2nd until last day defeat at Old Trafford), FA cup holders, Europa League holders and playing Champions League football next season, both on 5 year deals at £82,000 a week to join a team that couldn't even win the Coca Cola Championship. Especially considering Cesc is Captain and RvP is Vice-Captain.

The mind boggles.

I don't think so, I will check later when I'm home. But it's only the start of the second season, and Fabregas has both me and the club in his favoured personnel/teams, and he's proud to be Arsenal captain.

It's not a problem as I'd never accept an offer for either player, but Newcastle must have a massive reputation to "flatter" the Cesc Machine after scraping through the Championship.

Newcastle would have been taken over in the 1st season and that may have boosred reputation like that. The same thing happened to blackburn in my game (not that they were in the championship) they got taken over and suddenly were playing with the big boys.

Archived