PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get this guy's fitness in order?

Mr. Bloopie
25-11-2009, 09:07
I bought this guy as I noticed he is a consistent goalscorer with high determination.

http://imgur.com/T5pI9.jpg
http://imgur.com/bQPtS.jpg

But I neglected the fact that his natural fitness is in the pits and his stamina doesn't help.

This lead me to so far only being able to use him as my ace in the hole, coming in as a sub around the 60th minute and producing a goal.

But I want to be able to use him as a starter.

Seeing as he's only 22, is there any way to put an emphasis on his fitness training so that he will drastically improve at that area?

jayahr
25-11-2009, 09:29
Fitness training should help, but I would rather put him on a special training schedule which is more or less like the one used for my other strikers, just on lower intensity, so that he will always be a tad fitter than he was if he trained on the same intensity.

eaglealan64
25-11-2009, 11:34
Wow 16m for a guy with 5 natural fitness, 11 stamina and 11 strength. He's never going to be a full time starter in a League like England where they play so many matches at a high pace.

butts
25-11-2009, 11:45
Wow 16m for a guy with 5 natural fitness, 11 stamina and 11 strength. He's never going to be a full time starter in a League like England where they play so many matches at a high pace.

16m for a player with 43 goals in 61 games tbf

llama3
25-11-2009, 12:03
yeah the training option sounds good. what i would do for his schedule is having him on very high training, setting tactics, ball control, defending, attacking, shooting, set pieces and pace to medium intensity, then having strength set as high as possible, even if the schedule is very intensive. a necessary step i think

Rice2cu
25-11-2009, 12:47
I would be very careful when adjusting any players training schedule.
I recently found to my cost that even a small change from the default settings can have a dramatically negative affect on a players stats.
I recently started using TT's training schedule and 4 players had red check marks all over the place after a month or two. It seemed to have little benefit for the other players.
If your coaches are 4* and above, default training should be good enough in most cases.

I would just put his aerobic and strength training up one click for a month and see what happens.
If it helps, put them up another click for another month. But anymore than that and you'll probably have him on "High" workload.
Be patient, you may not see decent results for a year or more

Kanukki
25-11-2009, 13:11
From what I understand from the Tactics and Training forums, Natural Fitness is indeed influenced by Strength training. However, the fact that it is called natural fitness would lead me to believe that this is more of an innate characteristic (like a genetic trait) than something that is easily changeable by training. Mind you, I don't have any evidence to back this up, and I'm sure Natural Fitness must vary at least with age. It's just always been how I've understood the stat.