No one wants my young stars on loan

I've built a sick team for 4 years and have lots of class players who are 19 or 20 but are in my reserves! I offer them out on loan with 0 wages and 0 fee and NO ONE IS INTERESTED? Surely this is a bug.

Another thing, 5 of my Nigerians I signed have done their time in Belgium but don't have Work Permits because they don't speak BASIC FRENCH. This is an insult to my intelligence and a disgrace. You are telling me as a club I would send my starlings to Belgium and tell them not to learn French, when THEY KNOW they have to learn French to gain the Belgium Passport, what is the point in this it is a total joke and surely a bug.

• 11 months later...
Has this trash been fixed yet??? If not, I won't be buying.

Nice Attitude. I'm sure SI is currently reading your extremely constructive criticisms, has bumped this to the top of their priority list, and is jumping through hoops to ensure they fix their "trash" to satisfy your every wish and desire.

Edit: On the topic, I don't think there are any major problems with the loan system in FM 2011. Anyone I've tried to loan out I've gotten offers for (even first team regulars). Do players still sometimes reject going out on loan to clubs they consider sub-par in lower divisions? Yes they do. If they feel they will learn nothing during their loan spell, they will let you know. Some players at top flight clubs have this little thing called an ego which can often get in the way of their development. I don't see anything wrong with this.

As far as learning a language (or more than one as your shipping them out to a feeder club in yet another country), I think its realistic that some of them don't bother to learn the language. They have just left everything they knew (sans football), been thrust in a completely different situation than they are used to, in a place they know nothing about, where they don't understand the language, and likely no one else speaks their language. I'd probably find it hard to settle in as well. There are many premier league players that makes tons of money and don't even bother to learn the language. Likewise, many people feel that one of the reasons english players don't do as well overseas is that they don't care about learning the new language and culture.

As far as learning a language (or more than one as your shipping them out to a feeder club in yet another country), I think its realistic that some of them don't bother to learn the language. They have just left everything they knew (sans football), been thrust in a completely different situation than they are used to, in a place they know nothing about, where they don't understand the language, and likely no one else speaks their language. I'd probably find it hard to settle in as well. There are many premier league players that makes tons of money and don't even bother to learn the language. Likewise, many people feel that one of the reasons english players don't do as well overseas is that they don't care about learning the new language and culture.

Its not realistic in any way. The players were sent to Belgium to get their papers so they can return and j=have a footie career. The players would have been made to understand that learning the language was part of the deal.

Quavis, its one thing to stick up for si; its another thing to be a reflexive apologist. This is obviously not working the way that it ought to work.

Same problem. And if someone IS interested, the stupid player says he has NO INTENTION of going there. Little bastard.

Thats always happened, every time I try to get a player thats gone to my team IRL, hes never interested.

Theyd rather be 4th choice and never play than go out on loan and be 1st choice all season 1 division below, its been like this for years.

I’m born in Belgium but I still have the Italian nationality.

A football player (somebody with a job) that has taken the courses for three years shall easily obtain his citizenship in Belgium.

The language barrier exists only when somebody is unemployed or lives in a city that has somebody in charge that is into right politics.

This barrier is only introduced because you can’t find a job without knowing the language.

If you’re a Football club then you are very aware that there are cities mostly on the French part who are very lenient on giving this citizenship even if you’re only words in French are “Non and merci”

The problem is only with young players on high wages or a high reputation. The loan area of the game was improved a few versions ago. It used to be impossible to loan out any young player, thankfully now once you offer them out to clubs you generally get a huge amount of interest from lower league clubs.

I think the reason young players with high reputation are hard to loan out is because AI teams don't loan players from the same division. This is obviously not the case irl as top flight teams are often loaning players to each other. This must change in FM.

Another thing, 5 of my Nigerians I signed have done their time in Belgium but don't have Work Permits because they don't speak BASIC FRENCH. This is an insult to my intelligence and a disgrace.

Maybe they lack the intelligence to learn it. Some players spring to mind, most evident would be Tevez.

3 years might not be enough to learn a language. I was taught Irish for 16 years and still cans say more than a cupla focail.

are you telling me if Messi was offered on loan, no club will take him here as he can't speak English well !!

most of Arsenal Kids go on loan and even new players came in and can't speak English but still play or go on loan.. yes language is important but not a priority

Maybe they lack the intelligence to learn it. Some players spring to mind, most evident would be Tevez.

Im not sure I agree that Tevez hasnt learned more than the most basic of English because he is stupid. Firstly, he is a very wealthy player and can afford to surround himself with his family and friends. Also, he doesnt have to learn English.

Doesn't reputation play a (rather) large part in loan deals? A high reputation player won't go to a low reputation club ("Player feels he's too good to be loaned out") and a low reputation club won't make a bid for a player that won't join them (ie, an Australian club won't be making a loan bid for Wayne Rooney any time soon).

Archived