Ahh jeez... not this again....

Just like last years game, my assman has just buggered up my entire squad and I can do nothing about it!

I go on holiday for one week and let him take charge of a meaningless league cup game... and despite thumping Burnley 4-1, he tells them he's disappointed and now they all hate ME...

Raging!

My main striker Guiza is coming to me and saying how he's dismayed at the lack of squad harmony and there's no way for me to interact with him...

Pah!

Just like last years game, my assman has just buggered up my entire squad and I can do nothing about it!

I go on holiday for one week and let him take charge of a meaningless league cup game... and despite thumping Burnley 4-1, he tells them he's disappointed and now they all hate ME...

Raging!

My main striker Guiza is coming to me and saying how he's dismayed at the lack of squad harmony and there's no way for me to interact with him...

Pah!

umm what are your ass mans stats for say discipline and man management all you can do now i suggest is win games and praise them when you can

i agree they should dislike the staff member although if your saying it keeps happening i would suggest your shooting yourself in the foot

I can't sympathize, thats complete madness to take a weeks holiday even if it is a 'meaningless league cup game'. Thats why I play every competitive match (still skip friendlies mind) and go to every press conference! I just dont trust my assistants on that side of things!

Haha, SI should create the possibility of players disliking staffmembers, not only the manager.

That already exists. I've had two players fall out with my assistants in current save, kept one and fired ass man, and done it the other way around this time!

I usually send the ass man to press conferences, but I do team-talks myself. Not really sure why its happening to be honest! I can't put a bloody screenie up either cos the player's status is now "feels the manager doesnt appreciate his contribution to the team" cos I've transfer listed him!

I usually send the ass man to press conferences, but I do team-talks myself. Not really sure why its happening to be honest! I can't put a bloody screenie up either cos the player's status is now "feels the manager doesnt appreciate his contribution to the team" cos I've transfer listed him!

must feel like everyone hates him.

see if he was inteligent he would realise hes the common link there

I actually agree with the OP. Whenever you let the ass man take charge, he most of the time "does not give team enough credit" but the players will hate you instead. But when he could turn the deficit around by saying "disappointing!"; the ass man would get that credit. That is a bit unfair. This should be fixed to either they hate the ass man or saying the management (not manager) not giving team enough credit.

For press conference, my ass man has done a great job all the time except one match. He said he would deal with the opponenet's dangerman with team's winger. I found that funny because I also agree that only that winger (with poor tackle) can deal with that. But the team ended up "worried by the comment".

I signed a player, and sent him down to my B team to play. (Athletic and Bilbao Athletic). Bilbao Athletic is managed by another person. He was playing down there happily for a couple months. Suddenly he comes to me after a game for them and says he feels I have treated him unfairly!

I didn't do anything to him!? Why are you coming to me when I had nothing to do with this??

You're the one who took a mid-season holiday and allowed some idiot to give a daft team talk. No wonder they're mad at you!
I can't sympathize, thats complete madness to take a weeks holiday even if it is a 'meaningless league cup game'. Thats why I play every competitive match (still skip friendlies mind) and go to every press conference! I just dont trust my assistants on that side of things!
Take charge yourself - Problem solved.
Should never of toke a holiday during your season. Your own fault!
You should have been sacked for taking a weeks paid holiday when your club had a match.

ALL of these!

Raging!

Pah!

Perhaps the moral of this story, aside from the whole 'going on holiday during the season' lesson, is to learn from your mistakes. This happened to you last year too, so you do it again?!

ALL of these!

For a meaningless league cup match? I'd selected all the kids and told the assman to "play with current team selection" so I didn't have to sit through what should have been either a magnificent but ultimately meaningless win against Burnley, or at defeat (again meaningless) to Burnley.

Weather I sat through it or my assman sat through it, it should have made no difference...

As much as I agree that going on holiday for a match wasn't a great idea, that doesn't change the issue of the players blaming him for the ass's comments, which is the point. There was a similar thing with team talks when they were introduced. Its one of those things you learn (I've made far worse holidaying errors a long time ago) from until its fixed, so better not do it until you know it is.

You're the one who took a mid-season holiday and allowed some idiot to give a daft team talk. No wonder they're mad at you!

In fairness to the OP - his players are likely complaining about HIM not giving the team enough credit in team talks, even though it was his Ass Man. The game needs to at least recognise who actually said what. What annoys me here is that if the Ass Man had said something great to turn a match around from a losing position, the players would be bumming and blowing about said Ass Man.

You take all the credit for the bad, but get ignored when you do well.

fwiw, I also agree that he shouldn't have holidayed past a match, but even so.

I've had it. Won the league at a canter so went on holiday over a couple of matches until my next CL game. When I came back a few players where in a mood with me. It means you need to play every match which can be quite annoying for some.

Sam Allardyce has taken a couple of weeks holiday for sickness and his assistant has taken over, the principle is the same. So really it happens in real life and the OP has a point. So those slating the weeks holiday are a little off the mark in my opinion coz it does happen.

The players should vent their frustration at the one that spoke to them. Im sure they'll be ok after a bit of praising though.

Sam Allardyce has taken a couple of weeks holiday for sickness and his assistant has taken over, the principle is the same. So really it happens in real life and the OP has a point. So those slating the weeks holiday are a little off the mark in my opinion coz it does happen.

The players should vent their frustration at the one that spoke to them. Im sure they'll be ok after a bit of praising though.

Having a holiday and having a heart operation are kind of completely different. One can be avoided, the other cant. How many managers do you hear about that are supping cocktails in the Bahamas whilst their team slugs out a cold, wet, mid-week away game? I cant think of any.

Having a holiday and having a heart operation are kind of completely different. One can be avoided, the other cant. How many managers do you hear about that are supping cocktails in the Bahamas whilst their team slugs out a cold, wet, mid-week away game? I cant think of any.

Sorry, i must have missed the "sick leave" option on my game.

Holiday is a generic term in business for time off - not a trip to the bahamas!

It happens.

Archived