Lack of tactical possibilities in the new mode

The assman tells me to play with a deep defense. But I cant!

Don't you feel there should be some possibilities before the match to for example play with a deep defence, to focus play out on the wings, decide tempo etc. They might be linked with philosophy and starting strategy, but choosing for example Standard starting strategy, I think there should be a possibility to choose where the defense line should really lay as a basic selfgoverning instruction independent from your philosophy. Choosing this in the shouting instructions doesn't really help one who wants to play with a deep line and attacking philosophy from the start. And tempo, if I would want to play a slow tempo, but attacking, how do I do that? The new mode doesn't cover enough I think.

What are your thoughts about this?

Charlo116, I know. But that effect the way the whole team plays, which isn't what I want. That does not decrease the space between my midfield and defense, as also midfield will go further up. If I choose stand off to get deeper, then the opponent will just be able to walk straight through my whole team, which clearly isn't the point. And that doesn't help my tempo either.

Aadam, I like this way better than sliders, so this isn't a question of what i can do in the advanced menu, as I want to be able to determine that in the new menu.

thatdude, exactly. I dont want it to be extremely advanced, but at least and defense line option, and perhaps an option to choose the space between defenseline and midfield without choosing every midfielder to defensive to decrease the space between.

I agree 100%, the tacics that wizard produces are far too general are not reflecting manager's tendencies and different football traditions. every Control tactic, for example, produced by the wizard is more or less the same.

eventhough I think the wizard is a good base for the future..

Charlo116, I know. But that effect the way the whole team plays, which isn't what I want. That does not decrease the space between my midfield and defense, as also midfield will go further up. If I choose stand off to get deeper, then the opponent will just be able to walk straight through my whole team, which clearly isn't the point. And that doesn't help my tempo either.

The closing down options affect only the defensive line, selecting stand off more doesn't mena your team will literally stand off every opponent it means your defensive line will sit deeper, creating a greater gap between the midfield and defense.

Well, just accept that the new menu was designed to help beginners build a basic strategy and advanced users need to use the advanced menu to make their tactics more precise. :)

it was also built to bring the AI on more equal level with human managers. which is probably far more important.

The assman tells me to play with a deep defense. But I cant!

Don't you feel there should be some possibilities before the match to for example play with a deep defence, to focus play out on the wings, decide tempo etc. They might be linked with philosophy and starting strategy, but choosing for example Standard starting strategy, I think there should be a possibility to choose where the defense line should really lay as a basic selfgoverning instruction independent from your philosophy. Choosing this in the shouting instructions doesn't really help one who wants to play with a deep line and attacking philosophy from the start. And tempo, if I would want to play a slow tempo, but attacking, how do I do that? The new mode doesn't cover enough I think.

What are your thoughts about this?

You need to look at it relatively rather than absolutely. Lowering the closing down adjustment and using the drop deeper shout provides you with a d-line that is deep relative to the strategy you are employing.

Archived