FM2010 - Is it worth it right now?

Hi all. It's my birthday next week and one of the potential presents from the wife is FM2010!

What I want to know before I part with her hard earned cash is whether it's worth it right now. I've spent a bit of time on the forum recently and seen issues with bugs (not least is the memory leak) and other issues and just wondering if, in the opinion of people who already have the game, it's worth getting it now or holding on until it's been patched.

needs a patch big time, but that should be in a week or so. i wish i had waited for the patch before playing because it's annoyed me so much, i'm sick off it and won't be playing for a while!

some people like the above poster, seem to be getting on fine, so hopefully you will too.

Bought it the other day and had a go on it. I've got quite a good PC so no qualms about the performance and to be honest, I think it's fantastic.

I'd read all the usual negative feedback about long-shots from tactically inept ADHD kids but think the match engine's improved significantly. Disappointed that the background graphics don't change yet but this is to be fixed next month anyway, apparently.

I'd buy it.

If you want to play a flawless game, dont buy it. I do not think the patch will solve all the problems, it may bring new ones. I can say it is playable and enjoyable now.

I've been playing a lot of games for years now, with FM a mere fraction of the collection I have. I've never seen a "flawless" game. Flawless games don't exist. Every game has problems and bugs, and none are ever patched to perfection. If you want a flawless game, I recommend never playing a video game ever again, because you will always be disappointed.

Personally, I find FM10 very reasonable, and very playable. People talk of problems with crashes but I've never had any issues, aside from trying too hard to use too many data editted leagues, which is largely my fault for pushing the game beyond what my pc can handle (I mean, seriously, was I expecting it to run over 400 leagues at once?) There are things which obviously could be improved, but no massive problems in the early versions as previous FMs have had. The defensive AI is a bit poor and it's still sometimes hard to keep a string of good results going without having an embarrassing defeat somewhere along the line, but really it's very good.

Yep I agree if you are waiting for the perfect game then you could be a few hundred million years.

BUT.....if you are looking for a game that takes up nearly 100% of your free time, is fun deep enjoyable cool and awesome.......then get FM 10.

I will tell you this...I have had FM 10 since release day....and I got "game of the year" Modern Warfare 2 (which is a really good game).....but I just can't find the time to play MW2. If I have a few minutes to play a video game there is just no question which one I am playing....FM 10.

Sorry....my fanboy rant is over. Wait until I lose a game then I'll be back to comlain about the game.

Yep I agree if you are waiting for the perfect game then you could be a few hundred million years.

BUT.....if you are looking for a game that takes up nearly 100% of your free time, is fun deep enjoyable cool and awesome.......then get FM 10.

I will tell you this...I have had FM 10 since release day....and I got "game of the year" Modern Warfare 2 (which is a really good game).....but I just can't find the time to play MW2. If I have a few minutes to play a video game there is just no question which one I am playing....FM 10.

Sorry....my fanboy rant is over. Wait until I lose a game then I'll be back to comlain about the game.

you may as well play MW2, it only took me 4 hours to complete the single player, very dissapointed for the price of it too. then you can go back to FM!:):thup:

Archived