How many coaches do you have?

I just reached EPL with Notts Co, and after being allowed to have 20 coaches at the beginning(from the 15 in Championship), i am now half-way through August and i was just allowed to have 25. So of course, i went and hired a few more great coaches.

I wonder how do you other guys do with the coaches?

I tend to stick to an Assistant Manager and then one guy for each training area. If there are any slots left over then I might get a youth coach. I'd rather spend my wage budget on players rather then having 20-30 coaches.

Luckily, I got a tycooon takeover, so money isn't a problem. Also, I like to have different nationalities on the staff, as many as possible so it expands my scouting knowledge...

Luckily, I got a tycooon takeover, so money isn't a problem. Also, I like to have different nationalities on the staff, as many as possible so it expands my scouting knowledge...

I expand my scouting knowledge by maxing out my number of scouts. They're normally a lot cheaper then a good coach, and I've never managed a club with a Tycoon or Sugar Daddy so money is always a problem even in the top divisions.

I expand my scouting knowledge by maxing out my number of scouts. They're normally a lot cheaper then a good coach, and I've never managed a club with a Tycoon or Sugar Daddy so money is always a problem even in the top divisions.

Well, I thought I had maxxed out my scouts but apparently not. I have 24 atm, but for some reason, the board still thinks I have 20, so I can carry on signing them if I want to! (posted in bugs forum) Have scouting knowledge up at 81% now! :D

Logic for having more then one coach depends on how many players you are training, if the workload is too heavy I guess you need more then one coach for a training area. I never had that problem but I like small squads.

I normally use:

1 Assistant manager (not training, controls reserves and/or youth team)

6 Coaches for each outfield area (general, no youth or 1st team)

2 GK coaches (just in case 1 gets poached)

2 Fitness coaches

3 Physio's

10 scouts (3x central europe, 2x eastern europe, 1x southern europe, 1x uk&ireland, 2x south america, 1x scandinavia)

Total staff count: 24

If my assistant is really good in an area I use him instead of a coach but I prefer to use him as good player ability spotter for my own team reports and simply as a tactical help. One of the scouts set near my home country also does next opposition reports on the side.

Archived